• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs. A&M -- Monday Super Regional Championship Game Thread

Young and Horned

Aggie fans are the worst, but so are a lot of other fanbases as well when they lose. Last time I checked A&M, we have a better baseball programs, so it shouldn't be that big of a shock. Congratulations on all of those victories back in the 30s, 40s, 50s, and so on. Because y'all aren't that great of a program to be compared with TCU right now. So go belly up to the freezer, pop open your Blue Bell and eat yourselves into a bigger depression. Maybe one day a brain freeze will rid you of your delusion.

Up was equally bad both ways in that game so you cannot blame anything on the umpires. 

Both teams played an absolutely amazing game, NAY, an absolutely amazing series. And to discredit either team's efforts at this point is classless and pathetic. If they want to bag on us fans, have at it, but act like the gentlemen and women A&M claims to produce and congratulate both teams. Your bitching and crying is doing nothing but making you look like the little sisters of Texas like you are. 

Now go home, crawl back into your mother's lap, practice your 'SEC' chant, and go back to sucking at the [ teat ] of your SEC brothers. After all, that is what you A&M fans are best at. 

Good day. 

jake102

FrogFrog said:

Did we get a little trigger happy in the bottom of the first, Jake?

Did you see how well Traver pitched?!?

Might not have needed 16 innings if he had started.

I kid, I kid. I was wrong about Young, but good Lord, I was right about Ferrell. (and my feeling that Traver would match well against Aggy right handers)

FrogFrog

Jake102 said:

Did you see how well Traver pitched?!?

Might not have needed 16 innings if he had started.

I kid, I kid. I was wrong about Young, but good Lord, I was right about Ferrell. (and my feeling that Traver would match well against Aggy right handers)

Paused game to put kids down.  Came back and my DVR skipped from top 9 to bottom 9.  I missed Ferrell's entire outing.  I think the DVR could sense my blood pressure and/or alcohol content and did me a solid. 

swimmerbabe11

cdsfrog said:
It's gonna be okay. We are gonna win[/quote

I think even u don't believe what you're saying. Please be right. Really I will donate $100 to MS I'd we win

I didn't even see this til just now! I totally believed!

At this rate, I'll hit the 3500 mark by the end of the CWS if people keep making that promise.

main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/TXHBikeEvents?px=10463063&pg=personal&fr_id=25298

Ron Swanson

swimmerbabe11 said:

I didn't even see this til just now! I totally believed!

At this rate, I'll hit the 3500 mark by the end of the CWS if people keep making that promise.

main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/TXHBikeEvents?px=10463063&pg=personal&fr_id=25298
I bailed on this thread early because it's always full of idiots, but at what point in the game was cdsfrog saying that there's no way you actually believe we're going to win?

I can't think of a time in the game where I thought we were gonna lose, let alone have very little chance of winning.

cdsfrog

Shortly after we brought in Ferrell who has had 4 really bad outings in a row, and after Alexander combined to walk the bases and giving up a 2 run lead in the 9th, only to picked off on 2nd base in the bottom of the 9th. I believe it was just a few seconds after that play. I said "think even u don't believe what you're saying. Please be right. Really I will donate $100 to MS I'd we win" 

That inning was insanely brutal, especially with the aggies sheep humping in the stands. Given her link to A&M I wasn't really sure of her belief in TCU at the time.

And if you're telling me you had zero thought that we were gonna lose after the 9th, I don't believe you. 

swimmerbabe11

What the scheiss do I have to do to prove to people on this board that I always choose TCU over A&M?

The horse is dead and my shirt is still purple. My TCU class ring is still on, I still go to all the home football games, I drove to Omaha last year and spent most my savings and all my vacation to stay the whole time TCU was there. If you don't believe that I am really a frog through and through I can't help you.

swimmerbabe11

Oh, and no surprise that it went to extra innings honestly. but in an extra inning game against a team with a notoriously weak bullpen (that performed surprisingly well in the post season) I'm going to put my money on TCU to scratch together a run every time, especially as the home team. I was pretty confident.

cdsfrog

I believe you are a TCU fan myself for sure, I just questioned your belief at the time. Hell we went from a lock to a big meltdown in 1 inning. It was crazy. That had to give everyone doubt.

swimmerbabe11

I'll give you this, if they had gotten the go ahead run in the 9th, I wouldn't have been very confident at all. I thought as long as we kept it tied, we were good to go. 

Young and Horned

I pretty much knew as soon as Riley came in that we were going to have to go to bad the bottom of the 9th. When Alexander came in and walked the bases loaded, I was for sure leaning towards the feeling of losing than winning. 

After the 10th, I felt like we had the game, it was just a matter of how. That feeling kept growing with Traver as well because we were getting on their pitcher, but just weren't capitalizing. 

It was weird though, after the line drive off of the pitcher, even though we still pretty much dominated the later innings (with baserunners, hits, walks, etc.), I was beginning to think that they may just be the damn team and the luck was on their side. 

I think before the bottom of the 14th, i was very confident, but after, I began to go more towards thinking A&M may just pull this out. Especially when they kept showing their hitters who had like 10 HRs and a .315 average, but were 0-6 on the day. Just felt like one of them were going to be due and get a big hit. However, Mr. Traver kept on dominating. Dude was insane last night.