• The KillerFrogs

TCU v. UT Baseball, Friday, Game #2

Pharm Frog

At least we didn't lose another one-run game. Let the bullpen catcher(s) get an AB tomorrow. Heck...let the bullpen catcher(s) catch tomorrow.

hometown frog

Unless they had wymer on a pitch limit or something, not sure why you pull him in that moment. Best pitcher you have available tonight and he was painting that FB last 3 hitters.

ThisIsOurTime

Tough way to lose. In the 9th, TCU has their best chance to get a run across with Watson and Baita up with a runner in scoring position but can't get a run. Then, TCU makes a pitching change creating a situation where Clemens is able to get a shot and he takes advantage with a 2 run homer. Would have liked to see Wymer finish the 9th so unless he had an injury, I am puzzled by that decision. At the end of the day, TCU had 3 or 4 opportunites to get the go ahead run across and could not do it. There was better defensive play tonight but it wasn't enough.

f_399

We are what we are, nothing more, maybe less.

Trying to get into the nba playoffs to fill the void.

Rooting for bron bron.

Pharm Frog

Rooting for bron.

latest

ThisIsOurTime

Maybe because he’s not really a starter and he averages about two innings per appearance. Not much more to it I would guess.
All these pitchers come to TCU to be starters. If this is an issue it is a mental one. It is not a question of him lacking stuff. He was rolling through the first several innings. It shouldn't be fatigue that caused his pitching to get elevated. I believe it is more of a focus thing because he was able to settle back in at the end of the 4th. If Eissler is a young pitcher, that would make the most sense.

TCU obviously has had some great pitchers and has a great pitching coach but I do wonder about some of the mechanics of their pitchers. I was taught differently and one of the reasons was to help a pitcher last longer in games. But I am sure the coaches have their reasons and pitchers, especially young ones, don't always listen. The pitchers we have all have talent so if they dedicate themselves to their craft in the off season, there is no reason not to believe all these guys can't take their game to the next level.

Pharm Frog

All these pitchers come to TCU to be starters. If this is an issue it is a mental one. It is not a question of him lacking stuff. He was rolling through the first several innings. It shouldn't be fatigue that caused his pitching to get elevated. I believe it is more of a focus thing because he was able to settle back in at the end of the 4th. If Eissler is a young pitcher, that would make the most sense.

TCU obviously has had some great pitchers and has a great pitching coach but I do wonder about some of the mechanics of their pitchers. I was taught differently and one of the reasons was to help a pitcher last longer in games. But I am sure the coaches have their reasons and pitchers, especially young ones, don't always listen. The pitchers we have all have talent so if they dedicate themselves to their craft in the off season, there is no reason not to believe all these guys can't take their game to the next level.

The pitching is precisely the last thing I'd be concerned about with this team. Even when it wasn't going well, it was the last thing I would be concerned with (mechanics, coaching, etc.)