• The KillerFrogs

TCU v OSU baseball #3

Moose Stuff

Frogs move to number 8 in D1 baseball. Huge and much needed weekend.

UT still has to play TTU and Ok State. Then we get them in early May.

Think the biggest development from the weekend was Marcello's effort yesterday. Guy has such good stuff that we desperately need. Great weekend boys

UT has played the bottom 3 teams in the conference and Baylor who is tied for 5th. Totally agree on Marcelo. That development was almost better than winning the game. Add him to the mix and we've got 4 pretty reliable to very reliable bullpen options and you don't need more than that most post seasons. My biggest concern with this club is oddly enough our weekend rotation. Smith didn't look right on Friday and Krob/Ray have been subpar two weeks in a row. It's frustrating that Brown, Meador, and Cornelio are all underperforming. I would have expected all of them to be good college pitchers.

jake102

UT has played the bottom 3 teams in the conference and Baylor who is tied for 5th. Totally agree on Marcelo. That development was almost better than winning the game. Add him to the mix and we've got 4 pretty reliable to very reliable bullpen options and you don't need more than that most post seasons. My biggest concern with this club is oddly enough our weekend rotation. Smith didn't look right on Friday and Krob/Ray have been subpar two weeks in a row. It's frustrating that Brown, Meador, and Cornelio are all underperforming. I would have expected all of them to be good college pitchers.

Also Ridings performance was awesome. Went for more than 2-3 batters and was effective.

Isn't Smith hurt? Elbow soreness?

Agree with all of the above entirely. 4 arms may do it but the rotation has not been great

jake102

Agree with all of the above entirely. 4 arms may do it but the rotation has not been great

Honestly it's really only a two man rotation. You know Ray isn't going more than four innings, you just hope you've saved enough arms on Friday and Saturday to make up for it. And that you are playing the other teams #3 starter.

flyfishingfrog

Honestly it's really only a two man rotation. You know Ray isn't going more than four innings, you just hope you've saved enough arms on Friday and Saturday to make up for it. And that you are playing the other teams #3 starter.
I think Ray needs some help getting stronger mentally

if you go back and watch the 4th - he honestly didn’t pitch that bad and was rolling in the 2 and 3rd. The first HR was a long fly ball out without the wind that pushed it over the fence by 3 ft

The walk was not great but he threw a pitch that could easily have been called strike 3 and wasn’t

the second homer was on a curve that went from shoulder to waist but was over the middle and the hitter was looking for it evidently- so that was his biggest mistake

if he could get the past out of his mind - it’s not like he has lost his stuff, mistakes just seem to get him pressing to quickly

Punter1

I actually wouldn't mind skipping Ray's start this Sunday is we have any confidence in the Riley/Meador/Cam combo. I'd be good to get them weekend work, especially if we win the 1st two games. The way our offense is we could probably outscore whatever that 3some gives up.

Not only is Ray getting hit...he has 20 walks in 26 innings. He needs a week off (again) IMO to get right mentally or physically.

Pharm Frog

I actually wouldn't mind skipping Ray's start this Sunday is we have any confidence in the Riley/Meador/Cam combo. I'd be good to get them weekend work, especially if we win the 1st two games. The way our offense is we could probably outscore whatever that 3some gives up.

Not only is Ray getting hit...he has 20 walks in 26 innings. He needs a week off (again) IMO to get right mentally or physically.

I don’t know....the Sunday game gives me a bit of pause. Kansas has thrown Eli Davis on Sundays and if he’s on he’s the type of crafty lefty that has given the Frogs fits. My son loved hitting off Eli in high school though....

Punter1

I don’t know....the Sunday game gives me a bit of pause. Kansas has thrown Eli Davis on Sundays and if he’s on he’s the type of crafty lefty that has given the Frogs fits. My son loved hitting off Eli in high school though....

Yea...thats been our kryptonite for years. But this team is just different hitting wise. We're hitting everybody well this year, knock on wood, including soft throwing lefties.

Just saying Ray has been awful 2 weeks in a row...I'd be in favor of seeing some new blood there. Then he could start the Tuesday against UTA or whoever the following week.

Pharm Frog

My Aunt Pearl was right handed and crafty. She was a whiz with both paper mache and basket weaving. Her decoupage skills, however, were quite substandard.

I had to macrame for a 5th grade art class. Was likely going to fail that class until the teacher said I could do latch hook instead.

Paint It Purple

Geez. I wasn’t even going to bother logging on tonight, but then we had to be treated with the “crafty” Eli Davis, but Pharm’s son lit him up in high school saga. Give it up, please.

Pharm Frog

Geez. I wasn’t even going to bother logging on tonight, but then we had to be treated with the “crafty” Eli Davis, but Pharm’s son lit him up in high school saga. Give it up, please.

Nobody lit the kid up in high school ball. But a few kids enjoyed the challenge. That Shawnee team was among the best high school baseball teams I've ever seen and Davis is a sub-sized kid with a lot of heart. One of the most competitive players I've seen that did things the right way on the field. Frogs should handle him and pretty much anything KU can throw at them but still have scar tissue watching 85mph fastballs and 67mph breaking pitches puzzling us for too many innings.