• The KillerFrogs

TCU v KU game thread

Pharm Frog

Idk man. I just for some reason am not too worked up about losing to a team in a place where they RARELY lose after a bunch of blowouts. We do look tired. Makes me wonder how covid really has effected this team. After 3 20+ point losses, this is about all I expected.

And THATs why the Frogs lose. It's because you don't have high enough expectations. Did I do that right, Rose?

The only reason you shouldn't get worked up about losing this particular game is if you believe that the Frogs have inferior coaching, inferior conditioning, inferior talent, inferior game intellect, inferior desire and competitive character, and inferior effort. And that's the reason I don't get worked up about it.

Last edited:

Francis Xavier

And THATs why the Frogs lose. It's because you don't have high enough expectations. Did I do that right, Rose?
Lmao. I dont know if youre calling me out or not. I just know that there are 50ish teams in power 5. Of those, maybe 6-7 have won a title the last 15 years.

The last 23ish times weve played kansas weve lost. Until dixon got here, we barely won games at all. Weve tripled the conference win total or so on average right? Maybe 4x?

Lot of reasons to be disappointed. Just not sure this year with all going on is the right year to judge. We have been seemingly destroyed by the injury bug over dixons era. I think he did want to leave for UCLA and I dont know whether he wants to be here or not. His pacing like a maniac suggests he does at least care right?

but what are we supposed to expect? I got this at one more year before I jump ship. Our expectations this year are playing out tbh.

Rose Bowl

We didn’t get destroyed like I thought we might but we weren’t great. My worry is how do we respond on short rest Saturday. Our offense is still too dependent on dribble penetration instead of passing and movement.

Pharm Frog

Lmao. I dont know if youre calling me out or not. I just know that there are 50ish teams in power 5. Of those, maybe 6-7 have won a title the last 15 years.

The last 23ish times weve played kansas weve lost. Until dixon got here, we barely won games at all. Weve tripled the conference win total or so on average right? Maybe 4x?

Lot of reasons to be disappointed. Just not sure this year with all going on is the right year to judge. We have been seemingly destroyed by the injury bug over dixons era. I think he did want to leave for UCLA and I dont know whether he wants to be here or not. His pacing like a maniac suggests he does at least care right?

but what are we supposed to expect? I got this at one more year before I jump ship. Our expectations this year are playing out tbh.

Some people on this board are falsely accused of wanting a TCU sports team to lose when they are just fans who are frustrated. Let me be the first to openly admit that I have gone from being apathetic about TCU basketball, to interested, to mildly excited and hopeful, to increasingly frustrated, and now....hoping that they don't win another ball game this season so that lil donati will either have to act or be canned himself. Sometimes you have to root for the top draft pick. I know....it was #15 on the road, it's the toughest conference in the cosmos, it's the COVID, it's a killer schedule week in and week out...blah blah blah. It's far more than the result that has brought me to this point. It's the stench and the regression. The good news is that I rarely get what I hope for so it's quite possible that the Frogs don't lose again.

Rose Bowl

Pharm you are free to think what you want to. I still say we are horribly coached and have enough talent to win more games in conference than it looks like we will. Sue me.

I saw your reply after I had posted. I’m glad others are coming around to my way of thinking.

Francis Xavier

Some people on this board are falsely accused of wanting a TCU sports team to lose when they are just fans who are frustrated. Let me be the first to openly admit that I have gone from being apathetic about TCU basketball, to interested, to mildly excited and hopeful, to increasingly frustrated, and now....hoping that they don't win another ball game this season so that lil donati will either have to act or be canned himself. Sometimes you have to root for the top draft pick. I know....it was #15 on the road, it's the toughest conference in the cosmos, it's the COVID, it's a killer schedule week in and week out...blah blah blah. It's far more than the result that has brought me to this point. It's the stench and the regression. The good news is that I rarely get what I hope for so it's quite possible that the Frogs don't lose again.
I really dont necessarily disagree with this. I just dont know what we do. We can dixon after really making this program relevant? Like I said, I got one more year unless we get blown out every game. As sloppy as this was it takes a lot mentally to stay in a game like this. That is an improvement vs the last 3 games.

Francis Xavier

“Jamie Dixon said his team has had 7 "shut downs" where they have to stop and restart practices. He guesstimated that the team has missed between 90-100 practices going back to the beginning of fall semester.”

From twitter postgame. That sucks. Also, spoke with nurse. 14 days generally unless youre having symptoms, you are not contagious.

CountryFrog

“Jamie Dixon said his team has had 7 "shut downs" where they have to stop and restart practices. He guesstimated that the team has missed between 90-100 practices going back to the beginning of fall semester.”

From twitter postgame. That sucks. Also, spoke with nurse. 14 days generally unless youre having symptoms, you are not contagious.
While all that will certainly have an effect on the team, I'm certain there are plenty of other programs who have been through similar this year so I'm not sure it's actually a valid reason for looking so bad the last few weeks.

LeagueCityFrog

You watch Kelvin Sampson and the #3 UH Cougars and they play like they are trying to kill their opponent.

TCU basketball plays like they are waiting to find a way to lose. No sense of putting a dagger in an opponent.

wilson912

We need to hear from SKIP JANSEN. Skip, hopefully you’re not really Duane Broussard or Corey Santee. This team has not really been able to practice as a team for two weeks. Not surprising they seemed rusty and a bit winded. Too bad to waste what was a better effort rebounding. Really need PJ and Taryn to hit some outside shots. Hopefully we get Farah back soon. If we can consistently rebound and get our legs back, we should be able to run some and get some easier baskets. Beat Missou!

LVH

You watch Kelvin Sampson and the #3 UH Cougars and they play like they are trying to kill their opponent.

TCU basketball plays like they are waiting to find a way to lose. No sense of putting a dagger in an opponent.

UH might be the best defensive team in the nation, but, to be fair, they lost to the same Tulsa team we beat.