• The KillerFrogs

TCU UTA Game Thread

Armadillo

Daughter had a play at school so just tuning in on FrogVision. Like this score. And is this game produced only by FrogVision? Or is it on FSSW (I don’t think it’s televised)? Much better quality on FV if this is only a FV production.

Go Frogs.

(Sorry, too many questions)

TooColdU

Daughter had a play at school so just tuning in on FrogVision. Like this score. And is this game produced only by FrogVision? Or is it on FSSW (I don’t think it’s televised)? Much better quality on FV if this is only a FV production.

Go Frogs.

(Sorry, too many questions)

Think this is only a frog vision broadcast, but you’re right. It’s quite clear and seems to be much improved.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
WE WON! 14-1
67680f87b888343eb2853bae4496f25d--s-kids-ren.jpg

ftwfrog

So, tomorrow Janzack, Saturday Lodolo, and Sunday wymer or nah?

And it seems as if we may not have used to many bullpen arms that may be needed this weekend.

Sticky_Wicket

Purple Baylor Alum
And its over?
Glad they ended it. They need to rest up for a real game tomorrow night.

Very happy with the score, of course I'm confused by this ending, can anyone enlighten as to the official call and what is required to "mercy rule" an opponent?

From what I've understood there are two specific exceptions allowing not to play out the full 9. Seven-inning games are allowed if (A) it's the final day of an intra-conference series or (B) two teams (in a non-conference match) have a scheduled double header.

"NCAA rule defining a standard game as nine innings; it allows for seven-inning games to be played only in doubleheaders (defined as games 30 minutes apart between the same two opponents) and when conference rules allow for 10-run mercy provisions."

But I know individual conferences also tweak this rule.. so was this a big 12 ruling or how does it work?

Sebastian S

Given both teams will be playing 4 days straight (Thursday + weekend series) the mercy rule was a good thing.

I do like that in the early innings they used the pitch/batter clock of 15 seconds?

flyfishingfrog

Very happy with the score, of course I'm confused by this ending, can anyone enlighten as to the official call and what is required to "mercy rule" an opponent?

From what I've understood there are two specific exceptions allowing not to play out the full 9. Seven-inning games are allowed if (A) it's the final day of an intra-conference series or (B) two teams (in a non-conference match) have a scheduled double header.

"NCAA rule defining a standard game as nine innings; it allows for seven-inning games to be played only in doubleheaders (defined as games 30 minutes apart between the same two opponents) and when conference rules allow for 10-run mercy provisions."

But I know individual conferences also tweak this rule.. so was this a big 12 ruling or how does it work?
I think both coaches just have to agree on it before hand - not sure the B12 has a rule for non-conference beyond that idea.

Frog-in-law1995

The only requirement for applying the mercy rule is agreement before the game.

Latest posts