• The KillerFrogs

TCU UCI Game Thread

Zubaz

Landestoy was gonna swing at garbage as soon as that borderline strike 2 was called on him. It was both very predictable and unfortunate.

Punter1

Some thoughts....

We are gonna have to start squeezing with guys on 3rs and less then 2 outs with the bottom of the order. We just can't trust those guys to hit a fly ball.

AO should be batting 7...not 9th. Whoever plays 3rd has to bat 9th because neither can hit at all.

I know we are trying to get Baker ready for the pros by playing 1st but it makes zero sense to play him at 1st and DH 'Destroy. Our DH is literally our best defensive player. How does that make any sense.

We need to quit trying to steal...especially ahead of Baker. 1st base is scoring position when he is up. We keep sending slow, average baserunner and we keep running into outs.

Pharm Frog

Some thoughts....

We are gonna have to start squeezing with guys on 3rs and less then 2 outs with the bottom of the order. We just can't trust those guys to hit a fly ball.

AO should be batting 7...not 9th. Whoever plays 3rd has to bat 9th because neither can hit at all.

I know we are trying to get Baker ready for the pros by playing 1st but it makes zero sense to play him at 1st and DH 'Destroy. Our DH is literally our best defensive player. How does that make any sense.

We need to quit trying to steal...especially ahead of Baker. 1st base is scoring position when he is up. We keep sending slow, average baserunner and we keep running into outs.

Hahahahahahah

Maybe

Nope

We are going to try to steal because that's what we do.

Punter1

Hahahahahahah

Maybe

Nope

We are going to try to steal because that's what we do.

I agree...we aren't gonna follow any of that advice...but we should.

If we don't we are trying to fit a square peg into a round hole....this team is drastically different then years past and that calls for changes in strategy.

PO Frog

I agree...we aren't gonna follow any of that advice...but we should.

If we don't we are trying to fit a square peg into a round hole....this team is drastically different then years past and that calls for changes in strategy.
I think we have a better hitting squad this year than at least two of the other CWS teams. We will be fine, especially if Watson really has turned the corner. I know you're a good fan but you're surprisingly pessimistic this year.