• The KillerFrogs

TCU Top 10 Tailgating School in the US

WhatTheFrog

The way some of those photos depict it, standing shoulder to shoulder with thousands of other people with no room to move around seems very unappealing to me.

Frog Alley has also been a bit disappointing over the last couple of years compared to what it used to be, IMO.

LeagueCityFrog

The way some of those photos depict it, standing shoulder to shoulder with thousands of other people with no room to move around seems very unappealing to me.

Frog Alley has also been a bit disappointing over the last couple of years compared to what it used to be, IMO.

What is different now from Frog Alley than before? The bands on the stage, jumbo trons pumping other games going on before ours, riding mechanical bulls, The Frog Walk, alcohol tent for even the visiting team's fans (which I think is smart for the perception of TCU being friendly to visit.)

WhatTheFrog

What is different now from Frog Alley than before? The bands on the stage, jumbo trons pumping other games going on before ours, riding mechanical bulls, The Frog Walk, alcohol tent for even the visiting team's fans (which I think is smart for the perception of TCU being friendly to visit.)
More the vendor side is what I was referring to. They used to be more interactive as I recall. It was also easier to get visitors "TCU swag" to take home with them (koozies, tshirts, sunglasses, etc.). Always nice to get the school logo and color out there more. I still have friends (surprising, right?) that tell me "We still use our TCU koozies all the time!" and stuff like that. The photo booth was fun. Those things create lasting memories.

I realize TCU doesn't necessarily have that much to do with the actions of the vendors. The things that TCU are responsible for are fine. Frog Walk is always cool.

Froglaw

San Diego State at No. 20 is a joke.

Just one huge, blacktop, parking lot with no real organization. Stadium at 20% capacity. Sad.

I did not see Okie State, but I might have missed it. Great tailgating and friendly fans.

Author evidently is a 6' 2" recent college grad who travels and writes a blog.

My bet is she has not been to most of the stadiums on her list.

Agree that North Dakota State and Minnesota both need to be in the top 30.

ut is a joke. No real tailgating except at the TCU Letterman's Smoker which is by far the best tailgate in Austin every other even numbered year.

Just saying!

WhatTheFrog

San Diego State at No. 20 is a joke.

Just one huge, blacktop, parking lot with no real organization. Stadium at 20% capacity. Sad.

I did not see Okie State, but I might have missed it. Great tailgating and friendly fans.

Author evidently is a 6' 2" recent college grad who travels and writes a blog.

My bet is she has not been to most of the stadiums on her list.

Agree that North Dakota State and Minnesota both need to be in the top 30.

ut is a joke. No real tailgating except at the TCU Letterman's Smoker which is by far the best tailgate in Austin every other even numbered year.

Just saying!
Are you saying she has a better shot at an NFL career than Des White?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
You have to wonder about their expertise on all things college when they list a high school for West Point (US Military Academy Preparatory School).

Realtorfrog

Would much rather be known as an arrive early stay late get rowdy school........so many of these tailgaters don’t even buy a ticket to the game. Hopefully the no entry upon exit once beer sales begin will help. Not holding my breath!