• The KillerFrogs

TCU to the SEC!

Just wondering why fellow Frogs aren't talking about this more?

I know the Mountain West is being very proactive and that we're in a good situation.... BUT, the reality of everything is that the SEC would probably want two texas teams if A&M bolts there.

I would have to think we're in a better position to capitalize than Baylor, UH, SMU, etc....

Do we think the administration is discussing this possibility?

Considering that we could flip the switch to make our new stadium hold 55K instead of the 40K in an instant, I would think we might actually have a chance.

Plus, all reports I'm seeing now are saying it's a done deal that UT, TT, OU and OSU are going to the Pac-10...... Announcement to come after the UT regents meeting next Tu or Wed. The Big 12 is dead.

Thoughts?

SnoSki

QUOTE(DirtyJerseyFrog @ Jun 11 2010, 03:16 PM) [snapback]575272[/snapback]

I know the Mountain West is being very proactive and that we're in a good situation.... BUT, the reality of everything is that the SEC would probably want two texas teams if A&M bolts there.

I would have to think we're in a better position to capitalize than Baylor, UH, SMU, etc....

Considering that we could flip the switch to make our new stadium hold 55K instead of the 40K in an instant, I would think we might actually have a chance.

Plus, all reports I'm seeing now are saying it's a done deal that UT, TT, OU and OSU are going to the Pac-10...... Announcement to come after the UT regents meeting next Tu or Wed. The Big 12 is dead.

Thoughts?

If we had that option, then sure.. but it's not likely.

I think there's a chance. And if there's a chance, you better believe TCU is talking to A&M and/or Mike Slive. At least, I hope to God they are.

Especially if there's a chance Utah goes to the Pac-10.

Genbukan

i can't think of a league that TCU is a worse fit for.

That gansta lifestyle might look great on MTV but in real life its anything but all that!

Frogo

QUOTE(FrogJAM @ Jun 11 2010, 03:28 PM) [snapback]575293[/snapback]
I find your subject title to be mean and not nice.

Likewise. Stated as a fact. Should be stated as question at least.

my initial reaction is that the SEC probably doesn't want another private institution... But then again, we're not like Vanderbilt with regard to our outlook on athletics- we're not likely to abolish our athletic department any time soon like they did...

When the SEC was looking at A&M in 1994, they said that they were going to take another team from Texas and the 2 candidates were UH and TCU (and this is documented in several press clippings)... As such, if we were a candidate in 1994 with our football program/athletic department in the shambles that it was in then, we are so much stronger today and actually may be a surprise candidate... We aren't tired and hung out like Baylor and would give the SEC (especially the West) a chance to recruit by having their their teams play here...

I say it's a long shot, but we've been in their cross-hairs before when we were a much uglier candidate...

QUOTE(FrogJAM @ Jun 11 2010, 08:28 PM) [snapback]575293[/snapback]

Sorry. Just realized it was a tad misleading. But I think that proves the attraction to the topic! :biggrin:

FrogAbroad

QUOTE(DirtyJerseyFrog @ Jun 11 2010, 02:35 PM) [snapback]575310[/snapback]
Sorry. Just realized it was a tad misleading. But I think that proves the attraction to the topic! :biggrin:

Well...for that matter so would "Team Plane Vanishes Over Gulf of Mexico" but... I mean... really...

desmith03

If A&M goes to the SEC, the only other team from the region that might join them is OU. More likely that SEC goes 14 by adding A&M & VA Tech. I think the only way TCU would be considered for the SEC would be if all of the B12-South goes to the Pac-16, and the league decides they REALLY want to expand the footprint into TX.

Dogfrog

QUOTE(Daniel @ Jun 11 2010, 03:51 PM) [snapback]575333[/snapback]
If A&M goes to the SEC, the only other team from the region that might join them is OU. More likely that SEC goes 14 by adding A&M & VA Tech. I think the only way TCU would be considered for the SEC would be if all of the B12-South goes to the Pac-16, and the league decides they REALLY want to expand the footprint into TX.

agree, SEC likely wouldn't need more than one Texas school unless it was UT / A&M

NubomTurk

Tier 1
QUOTE(FrogJAM @ Jun 11 2010, 03:28 PM) [snapback]575293[/snapback]

Strongly agree. How about deleting this thread?

NubomTurk

Tier 1
QUOTE(FrogAbroad @ Jun 11 2010, 03:41 PM) [snapback]575318[/snapback]

Well...for that matter so would "Team Plane Vanishes Over Gulf of Mexico" but... I mean... really...

Gary Patterson Leaves TCU - Appointed Commander-in-Chief of Pacific Fleet!

Seriously...whay aren't people talking about this more? With his exceptional strategic thinking, it seems like a natural fit.

P

peterbecket

QUOTE(DirtyJerseyFrog @ Jun 11 2010, 02:16 PM) [snapback]575272[/snapback]

Thoughts?

Yes here are my thoughts..."It is like wanting to work for a high dollar Briles house except the house gets most of the money while the whores keep pumping the BCS.

Seriously, what is wrong with you people?"

Dogfrog

QUOTE(Bonner4Prez @ Jun 12 2010, 09:10 AM) [snapback]575865[/snapback]
SEC does not want us to beat them every year, nor do they want to share their money.

Right on both counts, but the value SEC would gain from entering the Texas market should make it worthwhile, especially in future TV revenue and recruiting