• The KillerFrogs

TCU/SMU both undefeated?

Limp Lizard

When was the last time (except for the first game of the season) when this has been true? TCU is often undefeated going into SMU....but SMU has usually lost at least one game by the time we play them.

Anyway, good. SMU is #11 in total offense, #18 in scoring. Another good test for our defense, and they have their QB and of course will be breathing fire.

The upset is always a possibility, but mainly against SMU I fear injuries.

netty2424

When was the last time (except for the first game of the season) when this has been true? TCU is often undefeated going into SMU....but SMU has usually lost at least one game by the time we play them.

Anyway, good. SMU is #11 in total offense, #18 in scoring. Another good test for our defense, and they have their QB and of course will be breathing fire.

The upset is always a possibility, but mainly against SMU I fear injuries.
Arkansas St, Texas St, and N Texas.

And I think N TX has taken a step back.

Frog DJ

Arkansas State, North Texas, Texas State, TCU, South Florida, Tulsa, Temple, Houston, Memphis, East Carolina, Navy and Tulane.

What's the biggest game on their schedule - by far? Who do they hate with an undying passion more than any other school?

The Hilltoppers will be sky-high for the Frogs, and TCU had better not be looking ahead to P5 Big XII conference games!

TCU is everything SMU wishes it could be, but never will be, and that's why they'll pull out all the stops when they visit ACS.

Go Frogs!

Deep Purple

Arkansas State, North Texas, Texas State, TCU, South Florida, Tulsa, Temple, Houston, Memphis, East Carolina, Navy and Tulane.

What's the biggest game on their schedule - by far? Who do they hate with an undying passion more than any other school?

The Hilltoppers will be sky-high for the Frogs, and TCU had better not be looking ahead to P5 Big XII conference games!

TCU is everything SMU wishes it could be, but never will be, and that's why they'll pull out all the stops when they visit ACS.

Go Frogs!
There is a thread about this game on PonyFans titled "Our Superbowl." The OP wishes bad things on us, but at least he's honest about what the game means to Smew. They virtually always come into this game totally geeked because it's always their biggest game of the season.

By contrast, our boys come in lackadaisical and yawning over another routine yearly win against Smew. Consequently, we almost never show Smew our best. Because we don't take them that seriously, we sometimes allow the games to be closer and more exciting than they should be.

And on two occasions, we have dug ourselves a hole we can't climb out of in time to secure the win. See 2005 and 2011.

Last edited:

asleep003

They have begged borrowed and stolen as many transfers and JC talent they could round up over the past 20 months… having a more competitive stable of Ponies.

Limp Lizard

As I have said many times, I have never seen any other team play as totally out of their minds as SMU does us. And despite what our players say before the game, they come into the game half awake. This will be a great test for us. Outside of an upset or injuries, the thing I hate about SMU's mindset is that they are completely flat for anywhere from two games to the entire season after they lose to us. That devalues our wins over them.

Injuries right now are my biggest worry.