• The KillerFrogs

TCU Ranked #27 among 65(P5's) Richest Football Programs

asleep003

Coming from the PA -Penn Live/Patriot News ranking via School's football revenue, with TCU at $61 Million.

Programs behind the Frogs #27... and there are many Big $urprises... Numbers are in Million$

BIG: NW 59 /Indiana 56 /Purdue 52 /Maryland 45 /Rutgers 32

SEC: Ole Miss 53 /Kentucky 44 /MSU 40 /Mizzo 35 /Vandy 33

P10: USC 53 /Colorado 50 /ASU 50 /WSU 44 /Stanford 41/AZ 39 /UCLA 37 /CAL 36 /OSU 36

ACC: Miami 59 /VT 50 /Louv 49 /UNC 49 /NC St 45 /Virg 43 /Duke 40 /Pitt 38 /BC32 /GT 28 /Wake 19

B12: Baylor 57 /OSU 53 /ISU 52/ TT 48 /KSU 44 /KU 41 /WVU 19

If this is an accurate publication, you are not able to Charge TCU's high ranking #s totally on OUT, as the #s the BIG's top 8(power schools) bring to the rest of their league is much bigger than OUT brought to TCU. Same with revenue Clemson/FSU/ Notre Dame brings to the other ACC members, and on with SEC and P10's big boys.

Last edited:

Atomic Frawg

Coming from the PA -Penn Live/Patriot News ranking via School's football revenue, with TCU at $61 Million.

Programs behind the Frogs #27... and there are many Big $urprises... Numbers are in Million$

BIG: NW 59 /Indiana 56 /Purdue 52 /Maryland 45 /Rutgers 32

SEC: Ole Miss 53 /Kentucky 44 /MSU 40 /Mizzo 35 /Vandy 33

P10: USC 53 /Colorado 50 /ASU 50 /WSU 44 /Stanford 41/AZ 39 /UCLA 37 /CAL 36 /OSU 36

ACC: Miami 59 /VT 50 /Louv 49 /UNC 49 /NC St 45 /Virg 43 /Duke 40 /Pitt 38 /BC32 /GT 28 /Wake 19

B12: Baylor 57 /OSU 53 /ISU 52/ TT 48 /KSU 44 /KU 41 /WVU 19

If this is an accurate publication, you are not able to Charge TCU's high ranking #s totally on OUT, as the #s the BIG's top 8(power schools) bring to the rest of their league is much bigger than OUT brought to TCU. Same with revenue Clemson/FSU/ Notre Dame brings to the other ACC members, and on and with SEC and P10's big boys.
Link?

asleep003

How does WVU have 19MM in revenue when the big 12 contract is 30+ million? Something seems fishy.
Felt the same... the article 4 months earlier, had WVU at 25 million. No matter how they are calculating revenue data, the Frogs appear much higher than expected.

asleep003

So if we're actually somewhere in the top 30 of the 65 P5 teams, then we should be able to locate a P5 membership in some league.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
So if we're actually somewhere in the top 30 of the 65 P5 teams, then we should be able to locate a P5 membership in some league.

I doubt they care about our wealth as much as how much value we bring to them. Unfortunately a small stadium, small alumni base and non existent national appeal may be more of a concern.

helcap

I doubt they care about our wealth as much as how much value we bring to them. Unfortunately a small stadium, small alumni base and non existent national appeal may be more of a concern.
I think with regard to the PAC 12 especially having Christian in our name is a much bigger impediment

Dogfrog

Doesn’t fit with a TV viewership ranking of 25 over 2015-19. The national perception of TCU is > the state and local perception.

Nick Danger

But those are all disingenuous (and convenient) arguments, especially in context of the PAC-12, Amon Carter has more seating capacity than three or four of the bottom dwelling PAC-12 teams, and the same is true of attendance and our nebulous, "non-existent" national appeal.

Exactly what evidence are you going by to claim that we have zero national appeal? Zero? None? Really? Do you really believe that or are you just trying to set yourself up as this uber-aggrieved Frog fan, making "woe is me" post after "woe is me" post!

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Doesn’t fit with a TV viewership ranking of 25 over 2015-19. The national perception of TCU is > the state and local perception.

I’m just going by my experience living in Indianoplace, LA, New England, and Chicago. I may have met some people that might go out of their way to see TCU on tv or go to a game, but not many. I’m more likely to come across a casual fan that thinks we are a Gulf Coast Christian University as I’ve heard on occasion. The total lack of buzz here for the Purdue game was deafening. People are often confusing us with SMU and even Baylor. I have read several national articles in the last few weeks about conferences that mention Tech, OSU, and friggin Baylor, but fail to even mention TCU, not all but some.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
But those are all disingenuous (and convenient) arguments, especially in context of the PAC-12, Amon Carter has more seating capacity than three or four of the bottom dwelling PAC-12 teams, and the same is true of attendance and our nebulous, "non-existent" national appeal.

Exactly what evidence are you going by to claim that we have zero national appeal? Zero? None? Really? Do you really believe that or are you just trying to set yourself up as this uber-aggrieved Frog fan, making "woe is me" post after "woe is me" post!

I never used the word zero. Those stadiums and schools you mention are already there. I’m guessing that if WSU was on the outside looking in, they might be about as popular as K State. But they still have the research school label ( which I’m still confused what that has to do with athletics). My only evidence is living all over the country and having to educate people about TCU. I’m not trying to convince anyone, just giving an opinion on my experiences.

helcap

Maybe, but I think dollar signs rule. I’m guessing religion, real or perceived would not keep Notre Dame out of their wish list.
I knew you would say that. Hint, we are not Notre Dame. And not as confident as you that PAC 12 would invite them. The SEC says "It just means more" about college football. PAC 12 motto is "it just means less". Lots of politics involved , especially with the California schools.. Have you forgotten this so quickly.

Effective January 1, 2017, this law prohibits state-funded travel to a state that has passed a law after June 26, 2015 that (1) authorizes discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression, or (2) voids or repeals existing state or local protections against such discrimination. The law identifies the University of California as an entity covered by the law.

The following states are currently subject to California’s ban on state-funded and state-sponsored travel (which includes Universities):

1. Alabama
  2. Arkansas (July 29, 2021)
  3. Florida (July 1, 2021)
  4. Idaho
  5. Iowa
  6. Kansas
  7. Kentucky
  8. Mississippi
  9. Montana
  10. North Carolina
  11. North Dakota (August 1, 2021)
  12. Oklahoma
  13. South Carolina
  14. South Dakota
  15. Tennessee
  16. Texas
  17. West Virginia (July 8, 2021)
The only reason Cal game is occurring State law 1887 allows fulfilling contracts signed before Jan 1, 2017

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Hint, I know we aren’t Notre Dame. But they are far more religiously governed than TCU.

I guess time will tell as to how popular we are to anyone. I sure hope I’m wrong. I’m just citing an opinion based on my experience. It sure wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been wrong.

Dogfrog

I’m just going by my experience living in Indianoplace, LA, New England, and Chicago. I may have met some people that might go out of their way to see TCU on tv or go to a game, but not many. I’m more likely to come across a casual fan that thinks we are a Gulf Coast Christian University as I’ve heard on occasion. The total lack of buzz here for the Purdue game was deafening. People are often confusing us with SMU and even Baylor. I have read several national articles in the last few weeks about conferences that mention Tech, OSU, and friggin Baylor, but fail to even mention TCU, not all but some.

Often local media are local focused. Example in 18 years living in Houston I can recall a handful of mentions of TCU over those years. From Rose Bowl to Peach Bowl, to moving to Big 12, it was as if TCU didn’t exist. You don’t see that as much on the national level. Everybody in the know knows who TCU is. Maybe the people in West Lafayette didn’t know who we were, but they do now. When you think about our journey the last 20 years, through bowl games and conferences, one thing it did is expose our brand to places like Utah, BYU, USC, Stanford, Oregon, Wisconsin, Ole Miss, Clemson. They know who we are.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Often local media are local focused. Example in 18 years living in Houston I can recall a handful of mentions of TCU over those years. From Rose Bowl to Peach Bowl, to moving to Big 12, it was as if TCU didn’t exist. You don’t see that as much on the national level. Everybody in the know knows who TCU is. Maybe the people in West Lafayette didn’t know who we were, but they do now. When you think about our journey the last 20 years, through bowl games and conferences, one thing it did is expose our brand to places like Utah, BYU, USC, Stanford, Oregon, Wisconsin, Ole Miss, Clemson. They know who we are.

I grew up in Houston and there were people that didn’t know the difference between TSU and TCU. Of course people we’ve played know us and rabid fans do too. But I’m just not sure the average fan outside of the southwest spend a lot time contemplating TCU in my experience.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I knew you would say that. Hint, we are not Notre Dame. And not as confident as you that PAC 12 would invite them. The SEC says "It just means more" about college football. PAC 12 motto is "it just means less". Lots of politics involved , especially with the California schools.. Have you forgotten this so quickly.

Effective January 1, 2017, this law prohibits state-funded travel to a state that has passed a law after June 26, 2015 that (1) authorizes discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression, or (2) voids or repeals existing state or local protections against such discrimination. The law identifies the University of California as an entity covered by the law.

The following states are currently subject to California’s ban on state-funded and state-sponsored travel (which includes Universities):

1. Alabama
  2. Arkansas (July 29, 2021)
  3. Florida (July 1, 2021)
  4. Idaho
  5. Iowa
  6. Kansas
  7. Kentucky
  8. Mississippi
  9. Montana
  10. North Carolina
  11. North Dakota (August 1, 2021)
  12. Oklahoma
  13. South Carolina
  14. South Dakota
  15. Tennessee
  16. Texas
  17. West Virginia (July 8, 2021)
The only reason Cal game is occurring State law 1887 allows fulfilling contracts signed before Jan 1, 2017
That [ Finebaum ] is for show. No way they are living up to that standard. Do you believe for one second that if UCLA were to make the national championship game at Jerry world that they wouldn’t show up?

joe-biden.gif

Prime BEEF

I grew up in Houston and there were people that didn’t know the difference between TSU and TCU. Of course people we’ve played know us and rabid fans do too. But I’m just not sure the average fan outside of the southwest spend a lot time contemplating TCU in my experience.
I lived in the heart of SEC country not that long ago and they all knew who tcu was and respected our program. They did not however respect UT or A&M

Dogfrog

I think the average TV fan probably has one team they follow and never attend games, and probably don’t spend a lot of time contemplating any teams outside their favorite and the top 5-10. Those people don’t spend a lot of time contemplating 90% of schools.