• The KillerFrogs

TCU-Ohio State gets ABC Primetime, UT to play Alabama, other non-conference notes

Dogfrog

Glad to see UT schedule these non conference games. FWIW, here are the other non conference foes scheduled so far:

2019: LaTech, Rice
2020: USF, UTEP
2021: Rice
2022: USF
2023: ?
2024: USF
2025: ?
2026: ?
2027: ?

MTfrog5

The same $275 tickets were $250 for the LSU game years ago. In fact the Ohio State game prices are comparable to the LSU game prices.

So all the moaning about prices are overblown.
Difference is it was a big deal for us to play at Jerryworld then. Now we have a chance to play there every year with tickets being that price so it’s pointless to play their in the regular season too.

tcumaniac

Texas has had 6 seasons where they finished in the top 10 in the last 30 years, TCU has had 7 in the last 12 years.

The assumption that Texas will inevitably be good is so incredibly naive. I am sure they will be back to top 25 finishes in the near future, but nothing better than what TCU will continue to do.

I like this stat.

UT fans often talk crap about how we've just had a few years of success, which pales in comparison relative to their overall body of work. Can't wait to tell them that TCU has had more Top 10 finishes in my lifetime than UT has.

Zubaz

Texas has had 6 seasons where they finished in the top 10 in the last 30 years, TCU has had 7 in the last 12 years.
I count 7 for both:

Texas: 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005 (National title), 2007, 2008, 2009.
TCU: 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2017.

Capping Texas at 30 with us at 12 feels....a bit dishonest. The number for TCU doesn't increase if you go from 12-30, t's still the same 7.

Casey T

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...tes-first-marquee-opponent-of-the-2018-season

Here is an article about the Ohio State vs TCU match up from a Ohio State perspective if anyone cares to read it.

Most of the article is a very good analysis of what we lose and what we have returning, and it gives us a lot of respect. But the last paragraph is annoying - "On a pound-for-pound basis, Ohio State has a more talented team than TCU... TCU can give the Buckeyes a real test in their first marquee game of the year."

It'll be more than a test, and the 'talent' claim is based on recruiting rankings. Definitely could be true but not a guarantee. Either way, this is probably the most respect we'll get from the pompous suckeye fans

Most of the article is a very good analysis of what we lose and what we have returning, and it gives us a lot of respect. But the last paragraph is annoying - "On a pound-for-pound basis, Ohio State has a more talented team than TCU... TCU can give the Buckeyes a real test in their first marquee game of the year."

It'll be more than a test, and the 'talent' claim is based on recruiting rankings. Definitely could be true but not a guarantee. Either way, this is probably the most respect we'll get from the pompous suckeye fans
Being one of those "pompous" fans I believe that with everything we know up to this point, being the off season, it would be hard to deny that Ohio State appears to have more talent on the roster than TCU. I do not believe we as a fan base will be looking passed this game at all, but I do think most neutral observers would agree at this point that Ohio State appears to have more talent.

hiphopfroggy

Being one of those "pompous" fans I believe that with everything we know up to this point, being the off season, it would be hard to deny that Ohio State appears to have more talent on the roster than TCU. I do not believe we as a fan base will be looking passed this game at all, but I do think most neutral observers would agree at this point that Ohio State appears to have more talent.

Perhaps at some positions, not qb or wr though.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Wexahu has a new friend!

TCUdirtbag

Better to not look passed the game than to not looked failed it, i suppose.

Public school education, ladies and gents.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Ohio State fans from Ohio have travelled for bigger games to Jerryworld. I don't see this game moving the needle much. I predict local Ohio State fans in Texas making the trip as well as some diehard travelling fans, but I think market goes down on tickets.

Perhaps at some positions, not qb or wr though.
Wr yes I would say TCU has the edge, quarterback I would disagree. Dwayne Haskins is +2200 odds to win the Heisman and will be one of most talented quarterbacks Ohio State has had in years as far as pure passing ability goes. I believe Ohio States true edge will come from the a defensive line that may be more talented than last year up against a relatively inexperienced offensive line.