• The KillerFrogs

TCU NIL information/data….

Fiscuits

Look up Gabi Butler. She’s a cheerleader at Weber State….has multimillion dollar NIL deals. NIL deals are for the most part, pay anyone student athlete, anything you want….as long as no school logos or name is used. No cap, no limit.

Paul in uhh

Let me get this straight. All you have to do is contact an athlete directly and say hey I’ll sponsor you if u endorse/tweet/post my product or service etc? And it can be any amount? And $547 is the average going rate? That seems pretty cheap. Does the university care about its own logos being used by an athlete in an endorsement situation?
(Not necessarily directed at you)

Anyone curious should just Google the texas NIL law. The law itself is about 10 paragraphs long and is written in plain, easy to understand english. It answers many of the questions in these threads.

Let me get this straight. All you have to do is contact an athlete directly and say hey I’ll sponsor you if u endorse/tweet/post my product or service etc? And it can be any amount? And $547 is the average going rate? That seems pretty cheap. Does the university care about its own logos being used by an athlete in an endorsement situation?
No logos.

Yes. I can call Zach Evans and ask him to sing me Happy Birthday in exchange for $100,000. Transaction done.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

Look up Gabi Butler. She’s a cheerleader at Weber State….has multimillion dollar NIL deals. NIL deals are for the most part, pay anyone student athlete, anything you want….as long as no school logos or name is used. No cap, no limit.
Yeah she was on the Navarro squad that was on the Netflix show.

I was told about some female athletes at an SEC school getting like $500 a pop for babysitting boosters kids. Assume it was true.
I was on the phone last night having our Friday night NIL carousel and one of our Bama reps mentioned he "sponsored" a certain someone on the team $10,000 to show up to his little'uns birthday party.

LisaLT

(Not necessarily directed at you)

Anyone curious should just Google the texas NIL law. The law itself is about 10 paragraphs long and is written in plain, easy to understand english. It answers many of the questions in these threads.
I’m in California. Does the law apply to where the athlete resides or the business? If the corporation is in California and the work takes place in CA, I imagine CA law prevails.

I wonder how much the laws vary state to state.

Pharm Frog

I’m in California. Does the law apply to where the athlete resides or the business? If the corporation is in California and the work takes place in CA, I imagine CA law prevails.

I wonder how much the laws vary state to state.

Have you seen the tax implications of being a professional football player living in Florida but playing the Jets and Giants in the Meadowlands in the same year? It’s ridiculous

LisaLT

Have you seen the tax implications of being a professional football player living in Florida but playing the Jets and Giants in the Meadowlands in the same year? It’s ridiculous
Not only that but the Jets stink. Add insult to financial injury lol.

Eight

heck, just redirect your monthly budget for the pool boy and you too can help tcu athletics