• The KillerFrogs

TCU Men's Tennis 2022-23

Longfrog

TCU still #1 but the gap is now just 3 points, half of what it was after indoors. Mainly that's because Ohio State has played a much tougher schedule since and just beat Michigan. Had they won at South Carolina, they'd be ranked #1.

Fortunately we have a chance this week to pick up tons of points vs UT tomorrow and USC on Friday. Win both of those and we open up a 10 point lead in the rankings. At that point, it would take a monumental collapse for us not to be the #1 seed at ncaa's.

Longfrog

UT's won all their matches since indoors but it hasn't been pretty. The last 2 were 4-3 decisions vs #25 NC State in Austin and away to #57 UCF. The NC State match came down to a 3rd set tiebreaker on court 6. UT lost the doubles point in both matches and #4 Woldeab lost twice in singles. He retired down a set vs UCF so we'll see if he even plays.

Longfrog

Gorzny and Jong each get broken at 4-5 within about 30 second of each other. Both those matches going to 3rd sets. We need both.

Longfrog

It started with doubles. They should probably sit JPJ and reinsert Maxted. JPJ and Jong have lost twice in a row now and you have a top 10 team in the nation with Lui. I think you've also gotta move JPJ up to #2 singles after this. There's just no way Fomba is the better player outdoors. And I know you want to get Jirousek playing time, but that should be Vives' spot until he loses. Pedro was awesome vs Illinois.

MBAFrog91

It started with doubles. They should probably sit JPJ and reinsert Maxted. JPJ and Jong have lost twice in a row now and you have a top 10 team in the nation with Lui. I think you've also gotta move JPJ up to #2 singles after this. There's just no way Fomba is the better player outdoors. And I know you want to get Jirousek playing time, but that should be Vives' spot until he loses. Pedro was awesome vs Illinois.
Jirousek is just too slow and his net play is pretty bad. Also, consistently gets his serve broken and can’t hold leads. He was up 4-0 in 2nd Set. Have a bad feeling about USC match on Friday. Guys looked very tired and with only 1 day of rest before USC. Not sure why 3 top 20 matches in 6 days were scheduled. The rescheduling of Texas from 2 weeks ago to this week was not a good idea.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Jirousek is just too slow and his net play is pretty bad. Also, consistently gets his serve broken and can’t hold leads. He was up 4-0 in 2nd Set. Have a bad feeling about USC match on Friday. Guys looked very tired and with only 1 day of rest before USC. Not sure why 3 top 20 matches in 6 days were scheduled. The rescheduling of Texas from 2 weeks ago to this week was not a good idea.
Didn’t they play three days in a row at the indoor championships?

Longfrog

Have a bad feeling about USC match on Friday.
USC's really good. Dostanic is in the running for top player in the nation. They're also trying to get Learner Tien eligible to play this spring, last I heard. Tien is the top American 17yo. Won US Nationals and then lost the finals of the Aussie Open. If they could add him they'd be as good as anyone on paper.