• The KillerFrogs

TCU Men's Tennis 2022-23

#1 Texas defeats #9 South Carolina 4-0. They won the doubles point 2-1 and then three straight-set singles matches while losing only one set at #1 singles, 7-6.

Defending champ, #5 Virginia leads #4 Kentucky 3-2. Kentucky is up a break in a third set, 4-2, and is on-serve 4-5 in the other.

Update: Virginia wins a third-set tiebreaker and defeats Kentucky, 4-2. The last match was halted with Virginia on-serve at 5-6.

Last edited:

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
This looks so Aggy to me.

Fwf86j9XoAA9mlz

Michigan won the often critical doubles point with this serve at 6-5 in the tiebreaker at #2 doubles. This was called out and looked wide to me, but it is difficult to tell on this video and the chair umpire overruled the call. The video may show better resolution on the Michigan Twitter page while it repeats in a loop. The chair ump is not at a good angle to make this call, unless it is clear, and it is difficult to imagine how at that umpire’s angle it could be viewed as clearly in.

#1 doubles was also in a tiebreaker at 4-2 Michigan, and Big Blue had already won the #3 doubles 6-2.

Last edited:

finafrog

Michigan won the often critical doubles point with this serve at 6-5 in the tiebreaker at #2 doubles. This was called out and looked wide to me, but it is difficult to tell on this video and the chair umpire overruled the call. The video shows better resolution on the Michigan Twitter page. The chair ump is not at a good angle to make this close call, unless it is clear. #1 doubles was also in a tiebreaker at 4-2 Michigan, and Big Blue had already won the #3 doubles 6-2.

The cracked racquets youtube stream had the view from camera from the TCU side. Clearly out.

P.s. even their commentators said so.

Endless Purple

Just based on watching the scoring and their patterns, the Ohio State and Georgia looks like it might end up 4-3 for one or the other.

My completely uneducated on tennis prediction will be court 5 will decide it

Well done, TCU—the Horned Frogs found the elevated groove in the 2nd sets, and I wonder if the humid heat took a toll on the cold weather Wolverine. I am glad the doubles point did not decide it.

Last edited:

Latest posts