• The KillerFrogs

TCU Men's Tennis 2021-2022

Longfrog

After watching him over this week, my biggest takeaway is that Gorzny could already be the best volleyer on our team. He's a big kid who seems like he could serve bigger. I think he might not go as big as he could with that shot because he trusts his net game if he just gets the 1st serve in. He's not the best mover--though that could be the surface--but he covers a lot at the net and has great hands.

FrogUltimate

Not sure if this was ever posted, but really good ATP article from Roditi I just came across from a few days ago. Worth a read

Really interesting that he beat Rybakov every single time they played.

Longfrog

Congrats to Nick Chappell. He made it through qualifying at Cabo and is into the first ATP main draw of his career (can that be right?). He'll get world #84 Chun-Hsin Tseng in the 1st round. Tseng's last match was a 1st round loss at Wimbledon to Alastair Gray. If Chappell wins, he gets defending champ Cam Norrie.

FrogUltimate

Congrats to Nick Chappell. He made it through qualifying at Cabo and is into the first ATP main draw of his career (can that be right?). He'll get world #84 Chun-Hsin Tseng in the 1st round. Tseng's last match was a 1st round loss at Wimbledon to Alastair Gray. If Chappell wins, he gets defending champ Cam Norrie.

I was really wanting the Chappell v Norrie match

Longfrog

Norrie began his match slowly. At one point he was at 3-3 in the 1st having saved 6 of 7 break points. He then won the next 9 games in succession to take the match 3 & 0. Sort of glad Chappell was spared the annihilation.

FrogUltimate

Gray won again this morning in what looked like a hurricane in Nottingham. He's onto the semis. He continues to maintain the strangest tournament schedule/strategy I've seen.

Longfrog

Gray won again this morning in what looked like a hurricane in Nottingham. He's onto the semis. He continues to maintain the strangest tournament schedule/strategy I've seen.
Seems like the strategy is to play in England as much as possible. Futures tour leaves there after August. At that point I would guess he'll try some more Challengers. I'd like to see him head to the US for our hard court season, just to see him line up against some familiar names. But there are also some hard court Challengers in France next month, so maybe he stays closer to home.

FrogUltimate

Seems like the strategy is to play in England as much as possible. Futures tour leaves there after August. At that point I would guess he'll try some more Challengers. I'd like to see him head to the US for our hard court season, just to see him line up against some familiar names. But there are also some hard court Challengers in France next month, so maybe he stays closer to home.
Good call noticing they leave after August. Probably the game plan. His ranking is just way too high to be messing around in Futures... every Futures he doesn't at least make the final is a wasted tournament points wise. He's the #1 seed every tournament