• The KillerFrogs

TCU Men's Tennis 2021-2022

ftwfrog

And essentially a total commercial for TCU in the intermission video between sets--and the following commentary. They are still talking about who was the last college player to make/win a grand slam final or win NCAAs and a major. McEnroe the last to win both?
Who’s the guy wearing the TCU t shirt in Norrie’s box?

FrogUltimate

Pretty sure TCU pays Lugones to wear TCU gear, and it's a freaking great idea. Roditi has to just be fireballing recruits with clips and notes from Wimbledon right now.

Eight

Pretty sure TCU pays Lugones to wear TCU gear, and it's a freaking great idea. Roditi has to just be fireballing recruits with clips and notes from Wimbledon right now.

anyone catch the comments on espn2 as to why cam said he went to college instead of grinding away on the lower levels

Purp

Can one of you rankings geeks calculate what Norrie's ranking would be had the ATP given points for this event? That political environment partly led to the favorable draw, but that ATP ruling is a real forehand winner in the balls for Cam right now. Between this and the Indian Wells points/scheduling nonsense Can has really been bent over by the ATP rankings system this year.

Longfrog

Can one of you rankings geeks calculate what Norrie's ranking would be had the ATP given points for this event? That political environment partly led to the favorable draw, but that ATP ruling is a real forehand winner in the balls for Cam right now. Between this and the Indian Wells points/scheduling nonsense Can has really been bent over by the ATP rankings system this year.
A semifinal in a slam would normally get you 720 tour points. For reference, Cam has 3155 points, so a 15-20% boost. That would move him up from #11 to #8, passing Rublev, Auger-Aliassime and Sinner. Fritz is not too far behind him and still alive in the quarters. He would hypothetically pass Norrie if he got a better result.

Purp

A semifinal in a slam would normally get you 720 tour points. For reference, Cam has 3155 points, so a 20-25% boost. That would move him up from #11 to #8, passing Rublev, Auger-Aliassime and Sinner. Fritz is not too far behind him and still alive in the quarters. He would hypothetically pass Norrie if he got a better result.
Then factor in the points he lost from the Indian Wells points system and scheduling fiasco and he'd presumably be even higher?

FrogUltimate

A semifinal in a slam would normally get you 720 tour points. For reference, Cam has 3155 points, so a 15-20% boost. That would move him up from #11 to #8, passing Rublev, Auger-Aliassime and Sinner. Fritz is not too far behind him and still alive in the quarters. He would hypothetically pass Norrie if he got a better result.
Worth noting that Rublev is one of those banned players. I agree with him moving to #8 theoretically, but Rublev would be highly likely to earn some points and stay ahead.

FrogUltimate

Then factor in the points he lost from the Indian Wells points system and scheduling fiasco and he'd presumably be even higher?
He didn't lose his IW points. They will roll off when the tournament was played in 2021, which I believe is October. He's likely to fall down the rankings 5-7 spots once those roll off. Pretty sure there are currently two IW rankings in the points (2021 and 2022).

Purp

He didn't lose his IW points. They will roll off when the tournament was played in 2021, which I believe is October. He's likely to fall down the rankings 5-7 spots once those roll off. Pretty sure there are currently two IW rankings in the points (2021 and 2022).
I thought we discussed here when IW was last played about the unfairness of Cam losing those points b/c a tournament's points from the previous year dropped when the new one played. Between that and the transition from the rolling 2 year to rolling 12 months points accumulation I thought the conclusion here was that he was getting screwed. And then he screwed himself all the more by performing poorly in that tournament. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

JogginFrog

I thought we discussed here when IW was last played about the unfairness of Cam losing those points b/c a tournament's points from the previous year dropped when the new one played. Between that and the transition from the rolling 2 year to rolling 12 months points accumulation I thought the conclusion here was that he was getting screwed. And then he screwed himself all the more by performing poorly in that tournament. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong.
In the end, it's all Ohio State's fault.

FrogUltimate

Pretty sure that was all wrong. He didn't drop those points when IW was played this year, but he will drop them in October which is when it was played last year. The 2 years points thing definitely hurt him until it fully unwound. Norrie was a big beneficiary of Wimbledon not having ranking points this year until he went and made the semis.

Eight

Pretty sure that was all wrong. He didn't drop those points when IW was played this year, but he will drop them in October which is when it was played last year. The 2 years points thing definitely hurt him until it fully unwound. Norrie was a big beneficiary of Wimbledon not having ranking points this year until he went and made the semis.

he will be getting a decent sized check to make up for the loss of points