• The KillerFrogs

TCU Men's Tennis 2021-2022

Longfrog

For so many of these SEC teams, there is no commentary for some of the olympic sports. Makes me wonder why players go there with no support while here there is a 103 page thread supporting the tennis team.
Georgia gets tons of support and has a legendary home atmosphere. I think there are a few other SEC schools with similar reputations. The Mississippi schools come to mind. But I do think there are a few schools like LSU and maybe A&M where it doesn't really register.

I've looked around at times on other boards and never had any luck finding much on college tennis. I think a thread like this one is pretty unique.

Jared7

[Courts 5 and 6 are in 3rd sets. MTSU needs both. MTSU just won a tie break on Ct 6 in the second set to keep it going.]

This is an exciting match. Could go either way.

Jared7

North Carolina State has W's over Campbell, Princeton, Illinois, UCF, Presbyterian, North Carolina Central, North Carolina, Radford, North Carolina A&T, Boston College, Northwestern, South Carolina, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Duke, Virginia Tech, Liberty and Middle Tennessee State and L's to Mississippi, Georgia, Florida State, Miami, Wake, Virginia, Louisville and North Carolina (twice) for an overall record of 20-9 and an ITA ranking of #18th. Their players are Rafael Luque, Robin Catry, Martens Rocens, Luca Staeheli, Damian Salvestre and Braden Schick. All-time, we're 4-0 against the Wolfpack, from 1990 to 2020 and we last beat them (then #10) in Madison at the Indoors when we won 4-0 with W's at doubles and from Gray, Fomba and Jong. They can be very good and are usually upper division in the ACC. But this is their first Sweet 16 since 2007.

Last edited:

Jared7

The supers are all set: TCU v. NC State; Kentucky v. Wake; Michigan v. Texas; Ohio State v. USC; Baylor v. Stanford; Tennessee v. Florida State; Virginia v. South Carolina; and Florida v. North Carolina. NC State, Florida State and Stanford are the "upset" winners breaking form. The matches will be Friday and Saturday.

FrogUltimate

Cmon Carlos. Played lots of tennis this week. Even 19 year olds could use some rest before Paris right? Maybe sit this one out?
It’s possible… unfortunately he got a bye first round. At the very least hopefully he’s fatigued mentally?

How bad of luck to get the #7 seed in round of 16 in back to back Masters tournaments but that #7 is actually the best player in the world. Wild

Longfrog

How bad of luck to get the #7 seed in round of 16 in back to back Masters tournaments but that #7 is actually the best player in the world. Wild
With Medvedev back, Alcaraz will be the 6 seed at Roland Garros per ATP Live. Very possible Norrie could catch him again in R16 if he makes it that far.

FrogUltimate

Gray is up to #293 and the #3 seed in this week's version of Nottingham. His rival ended up winning the tournament last week, and is also in this week's Nottingham, but mercifully on other side of draw.

Longfrog

I guess this is interesting but suggests there won't be much beyond in terms of coordinated action by ATP to oppose Wimbledon's decision