• The KillerFrogs

TCU Men's Tennis 2021-2022

Longfrog

Takeaways from this one:

1. We're about to start conference play and still have not found a #3 doubles team. It's amazing we can't find a winning pair from among Aguilar/Ruehl/Vives. The #1 & 2 teams have been too good and it's too late to reshuffle. Guess we'll just cross our fingers and hope they figure something out.
2. Fearnley was great at #5. Since moving to 4, he's taken Ls vs Illinois, UCLA & Baylor. I don't feel great about Vives at 4 either, but it's time to flip them back.
3. Maxted over Jirousek at 6. Neither one is a lock, and I feel bad that Jirousek kind of got Wally Pipp'd due to injury. But Lui's our best bet.
4. I do think it's meaningful that Sander and Luc came back to win their matches, since they'll probably see the same guys again next week. Lah has a lot of game but he's always seemed like a bit of a headcase to me. I like making him think about coughing up the lead even if it didn't mean much today.

Longfrog

Feel like [ Finebaum ] just want him back

2022-glasgow-$25k-ms-finalist-alastair-gray.jpg

Longfrog

Just looking at the scores, but this looked pretty bad. What was up (or down)?
Entering the match I would have said we were favorites in doubles + 2 / 4 / 5 singles, underdogs at 1 & 6, and even odds on 3. It's hard to watch enough of every match to really know if your impression is accurate, but I thought Boitan dominated #3 doubles. That duo (Boitan/Paroulek) has not performed well this year, but neither has our #3 team. Turned out the best player on the court was the difference. At #2 doubles, Jong was serving 4-5, 30-30. Then Maxted missed a pretty easy volley and Jong let a ball go that hit the baseline and that was it.

Singles was a disaster. We lost every single 1st set. We were competitive after that but it was too late. Roditi said later the match started at 5:30 but we didn't show up til 7. Once we started playing, it was mostly as expected. Maybe Vives could have won his match if he'd been allowed to continue. Fearnley was a huge disappointment. Was not competitive in a match where I thought he was favored. But like I said earlier, he has been pretty poor lately.

Jared7

Well, every season has adversity and our blowout L's to Michigan and Baylor indicate that we're not necessarily as good as we thought. We shouldn't be #1 in the country if we're not even #1 in the Big12. We're going to need to regroup and retool and adjust the line-up and try to bounce back from this. Baylor seems to have our number the last two years. Boitan and Lah and Soto are really good and it's going to take more to beat them. We'll get another chance in Waco in a couple of weeks. Tulane is next and we need to win our last OOC match before the commencement of Big 12 play.

Endless Purple

Tried to call the ticket office but just get a recording on buying or renewing season tickets. No other options. Hit 0 and it hangs up on me.

Is someone familiar with the parking guidelines for Tennis and for Baseball since both games will be on at the same time? I am thinking lot 2 (based on football numbering) would work, but I do not know if they have parking assigned for baseball only.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Tried to call the ticket office but just get a recording on buying or renewing season tickets. No other options. Hit 0 and it hangs up on me.

Is someone familiar with the parking guidelines for Tennis and for Baseball since both games will be on at the same time? I am thinking lot 2 (based on football numbering) would work, but I do not know if they have parking assigned for baseball only.
Plenty of street parking available near both facilities. The tennis lot is reserved parking for baseball.