• The KillerFrogs

TCU Men's Tennis 2021-2022

Longfrog

Brutal. Jong loses 7-5 in the 3rd, Jirousek in a breaker. Maxted's already down a set and this result is now in serious doubt.

Longfrog

I guess it's on to Tennessee now. Cracked Racquets is doing their pre-season top 10 (we were 8). They haven't revealed the top 2 but it will be UTenn and UF in some order. The Vols were already loaded and only added to it in the offseason with Bicknell transferring from Florida (32-0 last year playing mostly at #4), Emile Hudd from Ok State and one of the top recruits in Mitsui. They also got a transfer from UTA who played in their opener while Bicknell and Prata sat. Have to think that was either because those guys are out or because they just wanted to work in some of the fringe guys. Maybe if one of them can't go that would even things up, assuming Vives still isn't ready for us.

I think tonight was more evidence that we're going to be a really tough indoor team this year, and probably slightly better indoors than outdoors. Jirousek is better outdoors and Vives probably is too, but I think all the others are as good or better indoors.

Longfrog

Aguilar has had some lousy results for a while now, but he took out Boitan 4 & 4 on Saturday. I kind of think we should push him into our top 3 even though I'm not totally sure it's justified on the merits, just because he's capable of beating anyone on the right day and we will eventually get to a match where we'll want to roll the dice.

And since Fomba and Aguilar both made me look silly tonight, I will point out that I did note that Aguilar can beat anyone when he's on. He's played very well since the earlier post, so I think he's totally justified in starting as our #2. Regardless, beating Shelton is awesome. Seems like a lot of people think he's the best player in the country right now.