• The KillerFrogs

TCU Men's Tennis 2021-2022

FrogUltimate

Always wonder what guys in Fritz's position are thinking.
Annoyed. They lost $250K minimum plus a great opportunity. That being said - Fritz collapsed a touch, Nadal was clearly playing about a 'D' level game.

In my opinion Nadal should go out on court against Kyrgios even if he has zero shot. Hit sidearm serves, go for a winner every shot, at least show up.

Eight

Always wonder what guys in Fritz's position are thinking.

im-the-luckiest-guy-in-the-world-happy.gif

oh wait, you meant during the match and not when he is heading home....nah, same thing​

Longfrog

Obviously Norrie's a huge underdog tomorrow, but I'd love to know where the betting line gets set for a Norrie-Kyrgios final. Hopefully we get to find out.

FrogUltimate

Obviously Norrie's a huge underdog tomorrow, but I'd love to know where the betting line gets set for a Norrie-Kyrgios final. Hopefully we get to find out.
I'd personally put it at 2:1 in favor of Kyrgios. Grass is the absolute perfect surface for Kyrgios. I actually think Djokovic should only be a moderate favorite over Kyrgios.... something like -130

East Coast

Tier 1
Annoyed. They lost $250K minimum plus a great opportunity. That being said - Fritz collapsed a touch, Nadal was clearly playing about a 'D' level game.

In my opinion Nadal should go out on court against Kyrgios even if he has zero shot. Hit sidearm serves, go for a winner every shot, at least show up.
7 millimeter abdominal tear. I won’t second guess his decision

Longfrog

7 millimeter abdominal tear. I won’t second guess his decision
In a vacuum, I don't think anyone questions the decision he made today. I think people are asking about today's decision in concert with yesterday's decision to play through it when his team was telling him not to. Don't know how much he knew during the QF match, and I'm sure it was a tough call. But if he did have doubts that he'd be able to keep going another day, he should have stopped the match with Fritz. Once he decides to play through it, there's got to be some obligation to give it a go in the semis, if at all possible. Maybe it's not possible, but that just raises questions about the decision to keep going against Fritz.

Longfrog

My wife says the reason he won’t try is because he can’t stand Kyrios and doesn’t want to lose to him.
Honestly, I considered that too. I think unlikely it played much of a role in the semis of Wimbledon. But they do have some history.

Longfrog

Remember watching Norrie losing to Torpegaard and he just started hitting everything to the middle of the court and waiting for his opponent to miss. And it worked.

Longfrog

Crappy set for Norrie, great set for Djokovic. If Djoker gets 80+% of 1st serves in like he did that set, he'll be tough to beat. Maybe Norrie can take some solace that as one-sided as the play was, it still only came down to 1 break. Just playing his B game should make this competitive.

LisaLT

Just started watching. TCU getting a lot of exposure here before the match begins. How cool. I already know Cam wins the first set and loses the second but hoping for tough fight from Cam.