• The KillerFrogs

TCU Men's Tennis 2021-2022

Longfrog

Norrie breaks again to finish off the bagel. Not sure if Munar is laboring physically or just very disinterested at the end of a set that's already been decided.

Longfrog

Norrie gets the break, and this one looks very one sided right now. Munar losing pace off his serve, going for broke early in rallies. Norrie probably doesn't need to play at his best but right now he is.

Bizarro Frog

I want to thank the folks that keep this thread rolling. I forget about the Frogs playing in the pros and you all do a great updating us. I am watching Norrie right now and it’s awesome. It would be even better if there was a TCU logo on his shirt or maybe a purple racket.

Longfrog

This was an inviting draw to begin with for Norrie, and it's only grown more so. If seeds had held, he'd be due to play Dimitrov (who beat Norrie 2 weeks ago at Queen's Club), and then #7 seed Hurkacz. Both are out. So Norrie's next round is vs #93 ranked Stevie Johnson, then potentially the #30 seed Tommy Paul. If you dare to look a round further, that part of the bracket was weakened today when #3 seed Ruud lost. So there's a reasonable path to the semis for Norrie.

Longfrog

Our guy Gorzny -- currently ranked #54 -- was one of the last guys in a stacked field. He's beaten world #26, #13 & #9. The last one is the brother of UT freshman Pierre Yves Bailly and just made the finals at Roland Garros. Next up is the #5 ranked junior.
Gorzny wins again 5 & 6. I think the grass suits his game, but this is a really impressive run he's on. He's into the semis to face the #12 ranked junior.

FrogUltimate

This was an inviting draw to begin with for Norrie, and it's only grown more so. If seeds had held, he'd be due to play Dimitrov (who beat Norrie 2 weeks ago at Queen's Club), and then #7 seed Hurkacz. Both are out. So Norrie's next round is vs #93 ranked Stevie Johnson, then potentially the #30 seed Tommy Paul. If you dare to look a round further, that part of the bracket was weakened today when #3 seed Ruud lost. So there's a reasonable path to the semis for Norrie.

Great news. The terrible news is that he gets zero ATP points.

This is easily his best opportunity to go deep in a GS. The match against Johnson is HUGELY lopsided on paper... Johnson doesn't have a backhand. If Norrie can handle the slice backhand to his backhand and not make mistakes, he should win in straight sets (kiss of death right there)

I will say that Norrie's game is painful on grass. Easily his worst surface. He's added 3-4 mph to his first serve and is attempting to get to net more, but it's just not a natural style of play for grass.

Longfrog

No surprise as Gray falls to #11 seed Fritz in straight sets. Doubt he's ever faced someone of Fritz's caliber in a match that counted. Missed it live but just looking at the score, he seemed to have a few moments. He served for the 2nd set but ended up losing it in a tiebreaker. He was up a break early in the 3rd but lost it quickly.