• The KillerFrogs

TCU Men's Tennis - 2020-2021

Jared7

Georgia v. Tennessee is well underway. Georgia has the doubles point and first set W's on 3, 4 and 5. The Vols have first sets on 1 and 6; 2 is in a breaker. I'm hoping this wraps up quickly so we get started on time (or early) because I have to go to work (at 4:00) and don't want to have to leave just when it's getting tight.

Jared7

Tennessee has stormed back. They took the breaker and have turned around 3 of the matches in which they lost the first sets. It looks now like there will be multiple 3rd sets.

Jared7

Tennessee's Adam Walton and Johannes Monday (their top 2) are really good. Each are about to close out their matches; which will make it 2-1 Vols. The others are still close and are about to go to 3rd sets, but I'd say Tennessee has the momentum now. I'm rooting for the Dawgs.

(And I'm rooting for Sinner against Rinderknech (the Aggie) on the Tennis Channel solely because they're saying that a Rinderknech W would be a bigger upset than Norrie over Thiem.)

Jared7

Tennessee takes it 4-1. TCU v. Baylor next.

In doubles, it'll be Gray/Fomba v. Lah/Frantzen; as of now, Jong/Paroulek v. Stachowiak/Soto; and Kruger/Fearnley v. Bass/Broom.

Jared7

We've apparently started, but there is a power outage at the USTA center and scoring and streaming "may" be interrupted, so CTR and CrackedRacquets and collegetennistoday and TCU twitter may be the only way to follow the matches.

But I'm still getting scores, at least - early, it's 1-all; 1-all; and 1-2. All on serve.

3-2 (up a break); 2-3 (down a break); 3-all.

6-2, 3-5; 4-all. #3 will decide it...

Jong/Paroulek fall 3-6; 5-all on court #3.

Kruger/Fearnley get a break and lead 6-5!!!

Last edited:

jake102

We've apparently started, but there is a power outage at the USTA center and scoring and streaming "may" be interrupted, so CTR and CrackedRacquets and collegetennistoday and TCU twitter may be the only way to follow the matches.

But I'm still getting scores, at least - early, it's 1-all; 1-all; and 1-2. All on serve.

In a terrible bout of luck (hopefully not foreshadowing), we lose the coin toss on all three courts and Baylor will play from ahead.

Edit: based on twitter, this isn't correct. We are down a break on #2. I think the scoreboard is useless for the time being

Jared7

Scratch that! Into a breaker on 3. Scorer called it wrong.

The scorer is useless; just going by twitter now. Rinderknech beat Sinner and will be Cam's next opponent in Lyon.