1. The KillerFrogs

TCU Men's Tennis - 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by Jared7, Aug 24, 2020.

1. And they do. 4-1. So it'll be match #4 against the Bears for the right to go to the semis. I'm not sure if we need to do a preview - we kind of know Boitan, Soto, Lah, Stochowiak, Broom and Furman fairly well. We're 1-2 against them so far this year - we'll need at least as good of a performance tomorrow as we did today.

Frognosticator likes this.
  2. [​IMG]

3. Listened to the Roditi post-match recap and it sounds like Jong is ill, not injured. Reading between the lines some, but seems like it.

tcumaniac, Paul in uhh and Longfrog like this.
  4. Agreed. And Alex Gruskin who was doing commentary today said he noticed Kruger was working on singles a lot yesterday. Jong was on the court celebrating with the team after the win. So my optimistic assessment is Jong was feeling ill yesterday and they just made the decision then to go with Kruger, but that Jong is maybe feeling well enough now to reinstall him vs Baylor. Next match isn’t til Thursday I believe.

jake102 and Jared7 like this.
  5. The week in week out...

Longfrog, Frognosticator and Jared7 like this.
  6. Well, I don’t know what to make of this

tcumaniac and Jared7 like this.
  7. USC beats Virginia 4-2 and, Texas survives a thriller against South Carolina 4-3.

Longfrog likes this.
  8. UT looked like they were down and out. Not sure how they pulled that one out. They’re now 9-1 on the season in 4-3 matches. The one loss to us of course.

Jared7 likes this.
  9. So three Big XII teams in the final 4? Damn.

10. 8

11. 8 Big 12 teams in the final four? That’s dominance.

12. #972 Longfrog, May 17, 2021
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
    Jared7, Peacefrog and jake102 like this.
  13. Well, 3 Big 12 teams in the Elite 8 is impressive, but it seems likely that there will be 4 SEC teams there also, so let's not over-state this. Florida is certainly favored over the Illini and A&M and Mississippi State - no matter who wins (the Ags lead 1-0) - is an SEC lock.

14. 3 out of 6
    vs.
    4 out of 13

berryfrog95 and Jared7 like this.
  15. Plus 2 of the 3 B12 teams beat SEC teams today

Jared7 likes this.
  16. Well, I get what you're arguing, but Baylor, Texas and TCU were all expected to get to this level. It's USC (over the Wahoos) and Georgia (over the Heels) that are the upsets - they were lucky enough to draw "weak" ACC teams, which was your original point.

17. Guess all the drama got used up earlier in the day. Florida is comfortably ahead of Illini but A&M is absolutely murdering Miss State. Took the doubles point and all six first sets in singles.

Jared7 likes this.
  18. So the Elite 8 (on Thursday) will be Baylor v. TCU; Texas v. USC; Florida v. A&M and Tennessee v. Georgia.