• The KillerFrogs

TCU makes “others” list in AP

McGregor's Goat

In the current (post SMU) SP+ ratings, TCU is 32nd overall, and 20/58 on offense/defense. All of this feels about right to me. Last year TCU was 81st overall, including 38/109 on offense/defense. Personally, I may have blocked out of memory how unbelievably terrible TCU's 2021 defense was. I've seen some fans complaining about TCU's lack of pass rush and general pass defense this year, and I don't think they're considering how bad things were. If TCU can continue to play this way (close to top 25 level, with a very good offense and mediocre but not shockingly incompetent defense), I'll consider this season a promising step in the right direction.

In the current (post SMU) SP+ ratings, TCU is 32nd overall, and 20/58 on offense/defense. All of this feels about right to me. Last year TCU was 81st overall, including 38/109 on offense/defense. Personally, I may have blocked out of memory how unbelievably terrible TCU's 2021 defense was. I've seen some fans complaining about TCU's lack of pass rush and general pass defense this year, and I don't think they're considering how bad things were. If TCU can continue to play this way (close to top 25 level, with a very good offense and mediocre but not shockingly incompetent defense), I'll consider this season a promising step in the right direction.
Wouldn’t put a lot into those numbers right now…while the D does look to have improved some, that I agree with, we have yet to see a legit P5 offense that are reflected in the ‘21 season numbers. I think there is still a valid concern on pass rush and deep passes

CountryFrog

Agree mostly. I'm not sure how much "complaining" is being done about the lack of pass rush, though, as opposed to simply pointing out an obvious flaw in the team that could be costly as the season progresses and the competition gets a lot tougher.

I do think this year's defense is better than last years version but it remains to be seen exactly how much better. Obviously we'll know a lot more 6 days from now.