• The KillerFrogs

TCU-KSU Home Field Advantage

frogfootball21

Do y’all think the frogs will have a true home field advantage on Saturday? Obviously K-State has more alumni, but this is arguably the biggest frog game ever and 25 mins from Fort Worth.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
If we lose and still “get in”….was it? I’d think not but I don’t think it is anyway.
If we lose and don't get in, was it? It all depends on how you want to look at things.

There's no denying the Rose Bowl will always be a huge game in the history of TCU football. But no matter what, there was never a chance we could win a national title by winning the Rose Bowl.

If we win Saturday, we will have a chance to keep playing for a national title. That's pretty big.

2themax

Personally I don't think it's optimal for the Frogs to lose going into the playoffs. That would be viewed as backing in. We lose the semi too and it all becomes a charity case. In other words fans, sportswriters and other schools will say it was given and not earned. TCU needs to TAKE their spot. And when they get there be ready to eat. They just can't "show up" at the table. They still have to prove they belong.

Pharm Frog

If we lose and don't get in, was it? It all depends on how you want to look at things.

There's no denying the Rose Bowl will always be a huge game in the history of TCU football. But no matter what, there was never a chance we could win a national title by winning the Rose Bowl.

If we win Saturday, we will have a chance to keep playing for a national title. That's pretty big.
I suppose if you suddenly believe the national invitational CFP begats the national champion only because you got the invite this time. I don’t. But I will say this using your “potential invite” makes it the biggest game ever thing….since we don’t know if we get an “invite” with a loss, we do know this —- Frogs do not get in with a loss to Tarleton regardless so that was the biggest game in history.

Limey Frog

No real way of knowing, but the Rose Bowl win may have propelled TCU into Big 12 membership. If that's true, a game with more on the line is impossible unless the whole team is kidnapped and told they'll be murdered if they lose.

Limey Frog

I suppose if you suddenly believe the national invitational CFP begats the national champion only because you got the invite this time. I don’t. But I will say this using your “potential invite” makes it the biggest game ever thing….since we don’t know if we get an “invite” with a loss, we do know this —- Frogs do not get in with a loss to Tarleton regardless so that was the biggest game in history.
This. The Nick Saban invitational is illegitimate and bogus, even if we're in it (though I will enjoy that nonetheless). For me this game is only about the Big 12. After all these years, after all the "TCU couldn't handle the weekly grind of a P5 conference" rubbish, after the 2014 "co-championship" that was really a Baylor championship because they beat us... here we are, 9-0. One more win and there's nothing they can say; hang the banner, shut them up.

Last edited:

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
It’s hard to have a big home field advantage at Jerry World. The stadium isn’t really conducive to generate a lot of fan noise. The giant TV dominates the place. I think we had more fans when we played Oregon State there, but the place seemed kind of dead.
We were loud vs. Ohio State, but like you said the stadium made it hard to tell that. And it's very unlikely I'll ever waste money on a concert there again.

Saturday‘s game is for a stand-alone (its own trophy, and not shared) UNDEFEATED conference championship in a P5 conference. An old-school championship where everyone plays everyone in a 10 team conference that still includes Texas and Oklahoma—last chance at this. When was the last time TCU accomplished that? Put the deserved value on this unique conference championship opportunity (I certainly do) and then YES, it is the biggest game in the modern era.

I am becoming ornery about what seems to be more value placed on seeding in a 4-team playoff and bowl games (past and present) than the undefeated Big XII Championship.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

Saturday‘s game is for a stand-alone (not shared) UNDEFEATED conference championship in a P5 conference. An old-school championship where everyone plays everyone in a 10 team conference that still includes Texas and Oklahoma—last chance at this. When was the last time TCU accomplished that? Put the value on this unique conference championship opportunity, which I certainly think we should, and then YES, it is the biggest game in the modern era.

I am getting ornery about what seems to be more concern about seeding in a 4-team playoff and bowl games (past and present) than the undefeated Big XII Championship.
Since you want to go old school (as do I)….you already have your undefeated conference championship

Tshirt Fan

just-win-coach.gif