• The KillerFrogs

TCU Golf

4TCU

team is on the back nine...they are now 6 shots out of the final spot to advance...hopefully they can make it up but Oregon is playing very well...Oregon -5 for the day and TCU is +4...Oregon's top player is leading at -12

Frogs needed to shoot -6 today to advance, but shot +8. Dropped to 8th and missed out on the NCAA Championship.

Not a bad year. This team performed about where they should have, maybe even a little better.

It kills me to see Kansas, Iowa State and Tech advance, though.

flyfishingfrog

Frogs needed to shoot -6 today to advance, but shot +8. Dropped to 8th and missed out on the NCAA Championship.

Not a bad year. This team performed about where they should have, maybe even a little better.

It kills me to see Kansas, Iowa State and Tech advance, though.
I love our post season streak - but there is something overall disturbing when you read that last sentence for sure

JogginFrog

The team that moved up into the top five today was Oregon. Their top player, Norman Xiong, shot 66 to win the individual tourney by a shot, and their number-two player also shot 66 with a 29 on his first nine, so the Frogs needed to pick up 4 more shots to par to keep pace. When they made the turn at +9, it was over. Hayden Springer finished T12 to lead the Frogs.

flyfishingfrog

There are like 90 teams that make the postseason in golf. If TCU can't make the Top 90 every single year in a sport like golf, something is wrong.
Then why is our streak the 3rd or 4th longest right now? I get your point but obviously its not as easy as you make it seem to keep a streak that long.

However I am one that thinks our dependence on foreign players and lack of a strong partnership with Colonial means we are not taking advantages of the natural resources that being a school in Ft Worth Texas brings to us over others.

Wish we would try and get better in those areas.

JogginFrog

Tom Hoge takes advantage of playing in the first group off this a.m. before the wind began to blow. Shot 66 to move up to 6th place through two rounds at Colonial.

ShreveFrog

Tom Hoge shot -2 today to finish tied for 13th, 5 strokes out if the 3-man playoff that includes DeChambeau --NOW ON CBS -- as they played early to beat the weather.

JogginFrog

Angela Stanford played four solid rounds at the U.S. Women's Open and finishes T10 for a $100,000+ payday. It's Angela's fifth top-10 finish at the U.S. Women's Open and 13th top-10 in a major. Congrats to her.