• The KillerFrogs

TCU Golf 2021-2022

JogginFrog

Sanna has earned a spot on the lpga tour for next year. Very proud of her. She works her butt off.

Great for Sanna! She and the other top full-time players on the LET acquitted themselves very well. Thitikul (3rd), Pedersen (T14), Kyriacou (T16), Sanna (T22) and Cowan (T26) all qualified.

Admit I haven't been paying attention to the 2-week, 8-round marathon qualifier. On the one hand, nobody is going to complain that one bad shot did them in. On the other, it's has to be a killer to play 144 holes and miss out by a stroke or three, like the owner of the "best swing in golf," Anne Van Dam. Still gotta get it in the hole.

JogginFrog

Was looking at the Frogs' Winter Cup leaderboard (won by Jacob Skov Oleson in a playoff over Filippo Celli) and noticed that Jan Scheider did not participate. While he's still listed on the Frogs' roster, he's gone through the portal and is back at Washington.

Not sure his game translated well to Texas. His play got worse throughout the fall (T38, T48, T66, DNP), and his best score in six competitive rounds in state was 74.

With Celli back for the spring, competition for playing time is stiff, but Washington has a stout lineup too, (Huskies are ranked 21st), so I suspect the move related more to fit.

JogginFrog

Life on the PGA Tour for Paul Barjon: Shoot a first-round 66 to sit T5...but lose your group by 4 shots to the clubhouse leader (Lee Hodges). Several pros still on the courses at The American Express (Bob Hope).

Euro Tour also back in action after several weeks off. Julien Brun shoots a bogey-free 69 in Abu Dhabi (T17).

Angela Stanford is also in the top 20 through one round in Orlando--but there's only 29 players in the Tournament of Champions field. A nice reward for having made the winner's circle last season.

First Tee Frog

Life on the PGA Tour for Paul Barjon: Shoot a first-round 66 to sit T5...but lose your group by 4 shots to the clubhouse leader (Lee Hodges). Several pros still on the courses at The American Express (Bob Hope).

Euro Tour also back in action after several weeks off. Julien Brun shoots a bogey-free 69 in Abu Dhabi (T17).

Angela Stanford is also in the top 20 through one round in Orlando--but there's only 29 players in the Tournament of Champions field. A nice reward for having made the winner's circle last season.
The biggest buzz of the week at AMEX is former frog James du Preez. He was only a frog for a year before going home to South Africa. Got a sponsor invite this week. Played poorly yesterday with 76 but did hit two drives over 400 yards

JogginFrog

The biggest buzz of the week at AMEX is former frog James du Preez. He was only a frog for a year before going home to South Africa. Got a sponsor invite this week. Played poorly yesterday with 76 but did hit two drives over 400 yards
Good catch. I noticed a Golf Digest piece about him this week (complete with clickbait headline "and you won't believe how far he hits it!"), but no mention that he played for the Frogs. (And I didn't recall that he had, either.)

He played 12 rounds in 2014-2015 -- 6th guy on a team with a very stable set of 5 starters.

First Tee Frog

Good catch. I noticed a Golf Digest piece about him this week (complete with clickbait headline "and you won't believe how far he hits it!"), but no mention that he played for the Frogs. (And I didn't recall that he had, either.)

He played 12 rounds in 2014-2015 -- 6th guy on a team with a very stable set of 5 starters.
I only caught it because he was here last summer/fall prepping for a school with Michael Wood and practicing at Mira Vista. Wood brought him out to get in my force plate system and then he asked for my help a bit. He’s a big guy

Wow! I never knew he played for TCU. There's a lot of talk about him in the golf industry right now. 6' 9" and is very strong.

JogginFrog

Hoge and Seamus Power are putting a little distance between themselves and the rest of the field (co-leading by 3). Hoge has made 4 straight birdies at La Quinta; Power, playing a hole behind him, followed his own string of 4 birdies with an eagle to go -6 through 6 today.
Leaderboard: https://www.pgatour.com/competition/2022/the-american-express/leaderboard.html

Edit: Paul Barjon with a tough late tee time on a windy day at the Stadium Course, but he's off to a great start (-3 through 4), and we have two Frogs in the top 4.

Last edited: