• The KillerFrogs

TCU Golf 2020-2021

JogginFrog

Here's a story about Hayden Springer's daughter Sage, who was born with a rare birth defect. I gotta warn you, you might wanna get something to dry your eyes.

I'll be cheering extra hard for Springer at the U.S. Open this week. If anybody deserves a break, it's him.

https://firepitcollective.com/against-overwhelming-odds-springer/

Fantastic. Thanks for posting. USOpen.com also now with a feature on the Springers.

Edit: For those interested in helping the Springers with medical costs, see their GoFundMe page. Great to see that nearly 90% of the posted need has been met.

Last edited:
Fantastic. Thanks for posting. USOpen.com also now with a feature on the Springers.

Edit: For those interested in helping the Springers with medical costs, see their GoFundMe page. Great to see that nearly 90% of the posted need has been met.
Joggin, I don't want to steal your thunder...I think it would be a great idea to post the GoFundMe as a separate topic on the forum. I'm going to make a donation today.

By the way, Springer looks like he can really play. That's the first time I've seen him swing.

flyfishingfrog

@JogginFrog and @gohornedfrogs , did y'all see the news about the nonsense at the Korn Ferry tour Monday qualifier yesterday? Unreal.
They have to get control of the qualifier entry requirements

singing away your amateur status and paying $450 seems like it would stop these guys but it doesn’t

Beyond this guy who go into the fight they had to ask another guy to quit after he shot 56 on the front and had a worse swing that Barkley when he had the yips

Mean Purple

They have to get control of the qualifier entry requirements

singing away your amateur status and paying $450 seems like it would stop these guys but it doesn’t

Beyond this guy who go into the fight they had to ask another guy to quit after he shot 56 on the front and had a worse swing that Barkley when he had the yips
Yeah, I heard about the 56. Is it really just 100 bucks to try and qualify? (What I found on a site.) Don't want to judge. Here I am just hoping to improve my game enough to not look horrible in club tourneys.

flyfishingfrog

Yeah, I heard about the 56. Is it really just 100 bucks to try and qualify? (What I found on a site.) Don't want to judge. Here I am just hoping to improve my game enough to not look horrible in club tourneys.
I think it is $450 now to Monday qualify but guessing one of the younger guys on here that might still try for the Nelson or the other local KFT and lesser tour events would now better.

Last edited:

flyfishingfrog

what is the deal with golfers wearing "joggers" on tour now? are those really becoming acceptable - the pants with the ankle bands at the bottom is what I mean...like tight high waters were not bad enough.

Mean Purple

what is the deal with golfers wearing "joggers" on tour now? are those really becoming acceptable - the pants with the ankle bands at the bottom is what I mean...like tight high waters were not bad enough.
Men don't wear skinny jeans. Add some of the modern golf pants to that now.
I bought my last pair of golf pants at duluth trading company.

As a rancher I know said about some modern "country" music stars.
"We wear wranglers and they wear stranglers."

Mean Purple

flyfishingfrog

My BIL (Johannes veerman) tees at 2:30 Thursday off 1. I only have availability to see his first round in person and sadly the last flight out of SD on Thursday is 6:30pm.

Only gonna be able to see him play 9 holes sadly. But at least he’s there!
red eye - you can fly to LAX late from SD and then catch the red eye out of LAX if you really want to see him finish that bad.....

Mean Purple

Here's a story about Hayden Springer's daughter Sage, who was born with a rare birth defect. I gotta warn you, you might wanna get something to dry your eyes.

I'll be cheering extra hard for Springer at the U.S. Open this week. If anybody deserves a break, it's him.

https://firepitcollective.com/against-overwhelming-odds-springer/
Golf Channel Live from the US Open just rant their piece on Sage (and Hayden and Emma). Really well done. Replay of the Live From is on now. So, I think, in the 9 pm hour.

JogginFrog

My BIL (Johannes veerman) tees at 2:30 Thursday off 1. I only have availability to see his first round in person and sadly the last flight out of SD on Thursday is 6:30pm.

Only gonna be able to see him play 9 holes sadly. But at least he’s there!

Too bad that he got the late start, but glad you'll be there to watch. And I think most pros prefer the late-Thursday,-early-Friday combination to the other. Hope you'll post a bit about what you see.

As for the TCU guys, Barjon is off at 8:13, Springer at 8:57 and Hoge at 12:41 tomorrow (all Pacific).