• The KillerFrogs

TCU Gives Day -- Because $66,600 Is Not Enough

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Oh, and just for those interested in how TCU spends money on staff, I taught at TCU for 5 years in the graduate school of Nurse Anesthesia. For that effort, I was gifted with a small, brass, TCU lapel pin about the size of my thumbnail. Thanks, Vic!
Just curious, what did you expect for 5 years? Work anywhere in the real world after 5 years and you might get a sixth and if you perform well a small raise.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Just curious, what did you expect for 5 years? Work anywhere in the real world after 5 years and you might get a sixth and if you perform well a small raise.
I actually started at the same time as Boschini; we were in the "New Faculty" orientation together. I would be willing to trade my lapel pin for whatever he got at the 5 year point! :p

Dogfrog

Another thing that will impact my athletic giving is where college athletics is headed - NIL, transfer portal, 5 stars that dictate how many plays they will participate in, etc. I may be the old voice in the wilderness but it reduces my interest to close to nil. The college presidents are spineless sell-outs. You can’t blame Boschini alone for this but where are the dissenting voices?

HFrog1999

People get more than a small raise for staying 5 years at a company - 5 years of raises and a bonus and probably a promotion

Lol, no where I’ve worked

I worked at one company for nearly 14 years, only got one raise, they skipped over me for a 10 year plaque (people before and after me got recognized) and in my 13th year my commission rate was cut in half and they threatened to fire me

That’s the kind of job a TCU marketing degree can get you

TCUdirtbag

Deep cannot be happy with this thread

Doesn’t he work foundations? Not individuals?

In general, message boards aren’t made up of a hotbed of legit donor prospects. TCU is one of the industry leaders in development. For comparison, our small Fort Worth school raises about the same or more per year than Texas Tech, a system with 5x as many students and alums.

TCU is at $750,000,000 of the current $1,000,000,000 campaign goal with a couple years to go. I think they’re doing juuust fine. Especially having launched a few weeks before a first in a century global pandemic.

People are either philanthropic or they’re not. And those that are either want to give to their alma mater or they don’t. TCU knows all your demographics and personal info, your net worth, and can reasonably estimate your giving capacity. Every one of us is profiled in their system. And if you’re just getting the calls from the student call center, you are extremely low on the prospect list.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

Doesn’t he work foundations?

In general, message boards aren’t a hotbed of donors.

They’re at $750,000,000 of the $1,000,000,000 campaign goal with a couple years to go. I think they’re doing fine. Especially having launched a few weeks before a first in a century global pandemic.

I have no idea how development is organized at TCU.

Pharm Frog

Doesn’t he work foundations? Not individuals?

In general, message boards aren’t made up of a hotbed of legit donor prospects. TCU is one of the industry leaders in development. For comparison, our small Fort Worth school raises about the same or more per year than Texas Tech, a system with 5x as many students and alums.

TCU is at $750,000,000 of the current $1,000,000,000 campaign goal with a couple years to go. I think they’re doing juuust fine. Especially having launched a few weeks before a first in a century global pandemic.

People are either philanthropic or they’re not. And those that are either want to give to their alma mater or they don’t. TCU knows all your demographics and personal info, your net worth, and can reasonably estimate your giving capacity. Every one of us is profiled in their system. And if you’re just getting the calls from the student call center, you are extremely low on the prospect list.

I’m aware of how qualifying prospects works. Just not who works where under what mission. That said, their CRM is working if I’m any indication.

NewFrogFan

You proved my point

Of the 9,445 undergrads at Texas Christian University about 71.0% (6,733 in total) receive some kind of grant aid. The standard amount granted was $25,946.

What is really pathetic is that you try to argue here that this doesn't happen and those who contribute shouldn't do so.
Get rid of the worthless “attorney” that now poses as a Journalism Prof that thought he was bad azz enough to come after Roger Williams. Better yet, ask all the libtard grads to double what they give!