• The KillerFrogs

TCU gear

desmith03

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ May 5 2010, 09:39 PM) [snapback]556066[/snapback]
Just got 8 of these glasses in the mail yesterday. EBAY Auction said they were from the 60s and the guy is selling some that are shorter than these. Was that the logo used during the 60s (the horned frog mascot)?

1-2.jpg

That logo was in use in 1956-57; it's in the Cotton Bowl program for 1/1/57.

South Texas Frog

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jun 8 2010, 03:50 PM) [snapback]571782[/snapback]
Here is a link to what our pullover looks like (army version): https://www.nmnathletics.com/ecomphotos1/640/770/361770.JPG

I think I like it and I like that it's called the "3rd down" pullover

Pretty sure I hate it...why does Nike insist on including ALL colors of the school in one garment???? Why can't they just have an all-black TCU pullover with purple and white lettering / logo??? It seems like they're trying to go Starter Jacket circa 1994...barf.

gdu

QUOTE(jugbandxmas @ Jul 21 2010, 01:30 PM) [snapback]600805[/snapback]
I just got these today! Go Frogs!

37686645605823774183040.jpg

not bad, but I would've gone with some more black (or silver or something) to break them up.

JugbandFrog

QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jul 21 2010, 07:02 PM) [snapback]600822[/snapback]
not bad, but I would've gone with some more black (or silver or something) to break them up.

There were not as many options as on the Reebok site, but I hate Reeboks. It is my first shoe, so you live and you learn.

tcudoc

Hey Jug, if you go to the nike-id site and search TCU, you will find some really nice ones designed by others, probably posters on here. I have seen at least one designed by gdu on ebay a few weeks ago. They looked pretty sharp. I am just a bit reluctant to drop that much money on a pair that I will probably end up getting blood splattered on. Maybe someday soon I will get me a pair. If you love shoes and love Van Halen, check out these gems from EVH:

EVH shoes

JugbandFrog

QUOTE(tcudoc @ Jul 21 2010, 07:38 PM) [snapback]600844[/snapback]
Hey Jug, if you go to the nike-id site and search TCU, you will find some really nice ones designed by others, probably posters on here. I have seen at least one designed by gdu on ebay a few weeks ago. They looked pretty sharp. I am just a bit reluctant to drop that much money on a pair that I will probably end up getting blood splattered on. Maybe someday soon I will get me a pair. If you love shoes and love Van Halen, check out these gems from EVH:

EVH shoes

Yeah...sometimes you just can't stop yourself from buying something purple.

gdu

QUOTE(general125 @ Jul 21 2010, 04:23 PM) [snapback]600887[/snapback]
GDU, where do you get those blank polos for embroidery?

they are everywhere. I got mine from golfsmith, but you can get them from nike.com or any sporting goods store. List price is $45 I believe.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Just got these two vintage pennants in the mail. Not a crease in either one of them which surprised me. Oh yeah and that is the hat that ShivasFrog gave me last year. Saawweeet.

tcu2.jpg

I bought a TCU pennant from the 1940s but haven't got it in the mail yet..

2_tcufelt.jpg

gdu

QUOTE(Frogs On A Plane @ Jul 23 2010, 12:34 PM) [snapback]601807[/snapback]
Just got these two vintage pennants in the mail. Not a crease in either one of them which surprised me. Oh yeah and that is the hat that ShivasFrog gave me last year. Saawweeet.

tcu2.jpg

I bought a TCU pennant from the 1940s but haven't got it in the mail yet..

2_tcufelt.jpg

Good thing you are blocking that ugly 2010 poster. :tongue: jk I'll probably hang mine this weekend (even though it got wrinkled during shipping).

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(tcugdu @ Jul 23 2010, 12:36 PM) [snapback]601811[/snapback]
Good thing you are blocking that ugly 2010 poster. :tongue: jk I'll probably hang mine this weekend (even though it got wrinkled during shipping).

Yeah my roommate got it for me at that event in Dallas a few weeks back. Signed by a few players but damn it is an ugly poster.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
QUOTE(ShivasFrog @ Jul 23 2010, 07:29 PM) [snapback]601990[/snapback]
Nice to know the hat found a good home. :biggrin:

I am looking forward to doing a little tailgating with you and Mrs. Shivas this year! She is hilarious.

ShivasFrog

Same here, can't wait to get the season started. And, yes, the Mrs. can be mildly amusing at times (particularly if over-served a little on the chardonnay).