• The KillerFrogs

TCU gear

gdu

I love seeing people's TCU stuff, so I thought this might be a good thread to help pass time in the off-season.

Just got this in the mail today. Hope the weather clears up so I can use it this weekend.

4331434714_2922e4cbd2_o.jpg
4331434778_16f9eb5724_o.jpg

82Frog

My early 80's TCU helmet. I knew the equipment guy at the time and this one had a small crack in the back.

121682909.jpg

gdu

QUOTE(82Frog @ Feb 5 2010, 12:09 AM) [snapback]513788[/snapback]
My early 80's TCU helmet. I knew the equipment guy at the time and this one had a small crack in the back.

Nice. I am working on getting another TCU helmet. I should hear back tomorrow.

BTW, anybody know if it is still possible to buy a TCU helmet from the athletic department? I thought I remember a professor saying it was at one time. I have a TCU replica, but would love to get an authentic one.

Frog DJ

I'll try to add pictures later, but my wife and kids have given me autographed mini-helmets signed by Bob Lilly and LT. Ecto gave me an autographed photo of Sam Baugh, and he and my daughter-in-law made me a dynamite framed series of pictures recalling TCU's perfect season. Since they made it themselves, it's a one-of-a-kind, and it's absolutely priceless to me. My wife framed the "Get With The Program" poster, and a vintage copy of the sheet music for the fight song, "Horned Frogs We're All For You."

I'm sure I've left something out, but each item is a great source of pride for me.

Go Frogs!

gdu

QUOTE(VictoryLap @ Feb 5 2010, 02:35 AM) [snapback]513828[/snapback]
Thanks for the link. Yeah I would even do 150 for it but don't know if I can justify $200. I love that bag though. It is friggin awesome!

Keep looking. I have seen it for 149 or 159 for other schools. They might be able to do TCU for the same price if you called them.

gdu

QUOTE(NativeFrog @ Feb 5 2010, 02:43 AM) [snapback]513830[/snapback]
The only bad thing about that bag is that it has Ping on it.

I have Ping clubs, so it works for me.

gdu

QUOTE(StealthFrog @ Feb 5 2010, 08:07 PM) [snapback]514222[/snapback]
i got one of these for Christmas. I haven't used it yet. The front pocket is actually a min-cooler.

Nice. The Ping bag has that too for one bottle; great in the summer.

joejordan

I have a 1916 Yearbook. Also a 2 ft diameter wood carved University Seal with coat-of arms from the the ballroom of the old Student Center. I also still have an old, old pair of TCU Kaepas. Remember those?

AUFrog

QUOTE(gdu @ Feb 5 2010, 08:24 PM) [snapback]514230[/snapback]
Nice. The Ping bag has that too for one bottle; great in the summer.

GDU, any idea if Nike will sell any more of the TCU Pro Combat jackets? My wife would really like to get me one of those...

StealthFrog

QUOTE(crunch @ Feb 5 2010, 10:49 PM) [snapback]514304[/snapback]
I also still have an old, old pair of TCU Kaepas. Remember those?

i had some of those. Running T logo on the back...double laces. what year was that? 1984?