• The KillerFrogs

TCU Football Releases 2019 Football Depth Chart

Eight

Curious....Could we not bulk Stephens up a little and make him a TE in obvious passing situations..

there are three bodies on the roster, two of which were recruited by the staff to play the position so i would rather we see if those guys can or can't play versus force feed john stephens into becoming a flex end

Froggish

there are three bodies on the roster, two of which were recruited by the staff to play the position so i would rather we see if those guys can or can't play versus force feed john stephens into becoming a flex end

While I don’t disagree...We are hot on a TE for a reason..All I’m saying is we have a RS FR In Stephens with the body and the athleticism to help us..Assuming he could get off the line of scrimmage he’d be a tough cover from the flex. Ultimately you’re right...I’d hope and existing guy could get the job done

LawFrog504

This Anderson thing is a joke man. You really don't think every good, talented kid at every school in the nation doesn't want carries/touches? If i hear one more time that the reason we are benching the best RB in 20 years is he "cant block" or has some "attitude issues" I will drive my car off a cliff. That's just obscene. We finally get the talented kids and pure talent level we have begged for for years, and we [ Finebaum ] on them. How's that make sense? We aren't the only school to ever get kids with talent that have a little ego. Play the talent. TCU does some bizarre thing where if we don't find them under the radar, change their position 6 times, and declare they have "Frog factor" then we must hate them! grow up. When Anderson rushes for 1200 yards next year in the NFL none of you can claim he was a TCU guy. BC you all shat on him

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
This Anderson thing is a joke man. You really don't think every good, talented kid at every school in the nation doesn't want carries/touches? If i hear one more time that the reason we are benching the best RB in 20 years is he "cant block" or has some "attitude issues" I will drive my car off a cliff. That's just obscene. We finally get the talented kids and pure talent level we have begged for for years, and we [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] on them. How's that make sense? We aren't the only school to ever get kids with talent that have a little ego. Play the talent. TCU does some bizarre thing where if we don't find them under the radar, change their position 6 times, and declare they have "Frog factor" then we must hate them! grow up. When Anderson rushes for 1200 yards next year in the NFL none of you can claim he was a TCU guy. BC you all shat on him

6B6B5984-A6F5-4D7C-981A-3DF88380DEA0.gif

SnoSki

This Anderson thing is a joke man. You really don't think every good, talented kid at every school in the nation doesn't want carries/touches? If i hear one more time that the reason we are benching the best RB in 20 years is he "cant block" or has some "attitude issues" I will drive my car off a cliff. That's just obscene. We finally get the talented kids and pure talent level we have begged for for years, and we [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] on them. How's that make sense? We aren't the only school to ever get kids with talent that have a little ego. Play the talent. TCU does some bizarre thing where if we don't find them under the radar, change their position 6 times, and declare they have "Frog factor" then we must hate them! grow up. When Anderson rushes for 1200 yards next year in the NFL none of you can claim he was a TCU guy. BC you all shat on him

That escalated quickly. Also I’d bet almost anything that Darius Anderson doesn’t rush for 1200 yards next year in the nfl.

CountryFrog

No one has been benched. It's June. You can stop acting like a complete moron at least until a game has been played.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Such a ridiculous take. Off to ignoreland for you. I hope you don’t watch next season. Frogs don’t need your negativity.

CountryFrog

Curious....Could we not bulk Stephens up a little and make him a TE in obvious passing situations..
If it's an obvious passing situation then there's really no difference between a flex TE and a slot receiver. He doesn't need to gain any weight to play in the slot.

I don't know what the fascination is of having production from the TE position just for the sake of having production from the TE position. If you bring in a really good TE then you'll get the production. Until then, just get your best weapons on the field. If Stephens is one of the best weapons then I'm all for having him on the field. Whether he's labeled as a TE or not while he's out there is completely irrelevant.

asleep003

Life can be unfair … but if the kid has an attitude/ not interested in blocking / has either poor hands or not willing to run/learn routes properly, we should be using the players that can make the yards and do the rest that RBs are required to do.

Now we could, if Anderson is able to receive a KO effectively (no punts please), use those talents where he is not required to block for others.

Last edited:

Purp

I guess you'll be chasing Thelma and Louise then. Bye Felicia.

LawFrog504

Life can be unfair … but if the kid has an attitude/ not interested in blocking / has either poor hands or not willing to run/learn routes properly, we should be using the players that can make the yards and do the rest that RBs are required to do.

Now we could, if Anderson is able to receive a KO effectively (no punts please), use those talents where he is not required to block for others.
Or, just a thought here, we could slightly adjust our mindset to ensure the best players are on the field just like every other school in the nation. This kid didn't get arrested or hurt anyone, he justifiably wants the ball more. Absolutely deserved. You people are a beating

Froggish

If it's an obvious passing situation then there's really no difference between a flex TE and a slot receiver. He doesn't need to gain any weight to play in the slot.

I don't know what the fascination is of having production from the TE position just for the sake of having production from the TE position. If you bring in a really good TE then you'll get the production. Until then, just get your best weapons on the field. If Stephens is one of the best weapons then I'm all for having him on the field. Whether he's labeled as a TE or not while he's out there is completely irrelevant.

The fascination people have with the TE position has more to do with the staff having said they want to bring in a pass catching TE and the fact the TE/H-Backs have been kicking us in the ass since we joined the B12. It’s pretty clear on the recruiting trail that we have made the position a priority.

As for production...we have no idea if we have a good TE as we don’t give them a chance to make plays..