• The KillerFrogs

TCU Football Releases 2019 Football Depth Chart

Eight

Here is a reminder of what it took for TCU to beat OU the only time we did as a Big XII member. OU could have won the game on their last possession but the receiver was way out of bounds in the endzone when he caught it.

so is your point tcu should encourage more opposing receivers to stand out of bounds or exactly where are you going with this especially your last sentence?

LeagueCityFrog

so is your point tcu should encourage more opposing receivers to stand out of bounds or exactly where are you going with this especially your last sentence?

My point is that OU fights to the death and never quits and we need to look at examples where teams have beaten The Sooners by more than three touchdowns and what those teams did because it happens rarely. Evil Art found a way. TCU was #98 of 129 D1 football teams last year in total offense, with powerhouses like Tulane, SMU, Ball State, and New Mexico State all ranked ahead of us. Our defense is going to be awesome this year and having an offense with simplicity and high levels of execution will get us where we need to go in 2019 is my point.

Go Frogs!

Eight

My point is that OU fights to the death and never quits and we need to look at examples where teams have beaten The Sooners by more than three touchdowns and what those teams did because it happens rarely. Evil Art found a way. TCU was #98 of 129 D1 football teams last year in total offense, with powerhouses like Tulane, SMU, Ball State, and New Mexico State all ranked ahead of us. Our defense is going to be awesome this year and having an offense with simplicity and high levels of execution will get us where we need to go in 2019 is my point.

Go Frogs!

images

jake102

Go Frogs!

I think the game plan UT and Iowa State (2017) used is probably most realistic for us. Contain their offense, hold the ball and don't make mistakes on offense. Until Cumbie figures out that OU's defense is awful, we aren't beating them.

Eight

I think the game plan UT and Iowa State (2017) used is probably most realistic for us. Contain their offense, hold the ball and don't make mistakes on offense. Until Cumbie figures out that OU's defense is awful, we aren't beating them.

no one really knows much about the ou defense this year because they have a new dc in grinch who also coaches safeties, a new corners' coach in manning, a new linebacker coach in odom, and then return thibodeaux and mcneill.

so effectively discussing any offensive game plan that was used against a mike stoopes coached defense is about as effective as mike's defensive game plans.

Purp

Those OU teams Briles beat didn't have Lincoln calling offensive plays. If Briles faced Lincoln he'd be winning by a FG if he even won at all. And the scores in those games would be 96 - 91. The examples being used of Briles' offense beating OU can't apply to the current OU teams we're facing because of their substantial shift in offensive philosophy. In order to beat OU now it has to be done with defense and an offense that can help you limit their chances.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Those OU teams Briles beat didn't have Lincoln calling offensive plays. If Briles faced Lincoln he'd be winning by a FG if he even won at all. And the scores in those games would be 96 - 91. The examples being used of Briles' offense beating OU can't apply to the current OU teams we're facing because of their substantial shift in offensive philosophy. In order to beat OU now it has to be done with defense and an offense that can help you limit their chances.
Like Army did.

CountryFrog

Here is the Briles style offense is at its height. He beats OU 48-14 in this game in Norman. His offense was literally 'keep it simple stupid' and use those Texas kids to out athlete and out speed the other teams' kids. His problem was that he had Phil Bennett as his defensive coordinator. His offense was always forward leaning, ahead of the chains style. I'm not a Briles supporter by any means, but he found a way to trash OU in football more than once and that's what TCU is up against.

Any footage of the Briles offense winning a meaningful bowl game?

Seriously, if it was that easy to just have a "Briles style offense" that scores 50 ppg AND a great defense to go along with it then it seems like everybody would do it. I'm certain you're not the first person who has had the idea.

Froggish

When you really dive into TCU vs OU you’ll find that the only real difference has been OU has gotten well above average QB play and TCU has gotten well below average QB play..The one exception has been Boykin where we were 1-2 and lost by an avg of 4 points in those 2 losses..

We haven’t had exceptional QB play since Boykin left..KH had moments in 17 but he was no Boykin..not even close.

Scheme alone won’t win you titles if your QB play is average

Zubaz

Only at TCU can you be listed as the third string running back going into summer workouts, but be on the cover of the Texas regional Athlon preseason football magazine.

Darius Anderson on the cover for 2019 with a guy from UT and A&M.

Phil Steele comes out next week and will get my money.

https://www.amglifestylestore.com/p-2325-athlon-sports-national-college-football-2019.aspx
He's one of the Top 2 players we have on the team when he's healthy. Not sure if that's an injury thing something else, but if he's healthy and still 3rd that's pretty inexcusable.

jake102

He's one of the Top 2 players we have on the team when he's healthy. Not sure if that's an injury thing something else, but if he's healthy and still 3rd that's pretty inexcusable.

He can't block or catch. I'm a big Anderson fan, but it's obvious there's attitude/helicopter family things going on and he hasn't learned to be a complete RB.

LawFrog504

Will not watch this offense if Collins is starting, Anderson is benched for Demarcado, and Heights and Thomas get snaps over Hunt, Stephens, and Davis. Just call me when we fumble or punt

LawFrog504

You threaten to not watch quite often. I don’t think your desire to watch or not makes any difference.
Don't care- it's for my own health and well being. If I have to sit through another 12 games of what we witnessed last year I'll need immediate medical attention

I don't think a combination of Briles' offense and a shutdown defense on one team is even possible. So a defense that practices against an offense that only runs six plays is going to be prepared to stop really good offenses that actually run multiple routes out of multiple formations? Yeah, in fantasy football I suppose. Briles completely sold out his defense. For all the grief Phil Bennett got (and some of it deserved because he's pretty much a POS in my opinion) his defenses never had a chance to really be good. When you have receivers there finish their career without really even knowing how to run a pretty basic pass route, you also have defensive backs who never really learn how to cover a receiver who runs any route other than a go, a slant, and a WR screen. Apply that same reasoning to other facets of that offense. It was lethal against overmatched teams, not so much against everyone else, at least relative to his defense's performance. The mistake is thinking a coach that wins 56-42 is somehow better than one that wins 30-14.
This. So. Much.

Westsider

QB is not a concern for me, someone is rising to the top. WR is a plus.... can't understand the concern. RB will be fine when Sewo comes back from suspension. OL will be very serviceable. And the entire defense is awesome.

9-3. I wasn't this optimistic until about an hour ago.

Here is a reminder of what it took for TCU to beat OU the only time we did as a Big XII member. OU could have won the game on their last possession but the receiver was way out of bounds in the endzone when he caught it.

Yeah, and we WOULD have beaten OU in 2015 if Kohlhausen makes the 2-pt conversion, and WOULD have beaten OU in 2012 if the refs had ruled Boyce in bounds on that last play (as they should have). All without Briles' "awesome" offense.

GP owns Briles and his offense. Briles only beat him three times, by 3, 3 and 2 points. On the other hand, GP beat Briles eight times, three at Houston by 7 point margins, and five at Baylor by margins of 10, 27, 35, 28, and 7. So basically, GP has outscored Briles by 120 points over 11 games.

So GP doesn't need any Briles offense. Take your Art Briles loving bullcrap and stick it up your ass, and all the 35 rapists' asses that Briles had on his teams.

Froggish

QB is not a concern for me, someone is rising to the top. WR is a plus.... can't understand the concern. RB will be fine when Sewo comes back from suspension. OL will be very serviceable. And the entire defense is awesome.

9-3. I wasn't this optimistic until about an hour ago.

QB not a worry .. Wow