• The KillerFrogs

TCU favored by 21 over CU

Froginbedford

you trust the chatter here?

we have posters who think adding uconn football would be a good idea
All I said was that there were those on here who were wetting themselves over the prospect of Deion putting on the purple....Ironically, once Sonny began winning, there was nothing but growing criticism of Colorado's program, and by extension, Deion....

FrogCop19

I guess a lot of people think he is really cool, but I don't get it. He's the opposite of that to me. He looks and sounds ridiculous most of the time.
Agreed. Anyone that walks around with the nickname they came up with for themselves on every piece of clothing/jewelry they own is more salesman than coach.

Wexahu

Agreed. Anyone that walks around with the nickname they came up with for themselves on every piece of clothing/jewelry they own is more salesman than coach.
And the nickname is about the most uncool nickname there is. "Coach Prime?"

He's like stuck in the MC Hammer era.

FrogCop19

legend? he played 5 years with the cowboys and set up a sham charter school

some areas have a low bar for legend status
It's even worse than that. He didn't even play but a couple of games during his last year and a half with the 'Boys. I've always hated him simply because he played for the niners, but even I'll admit he was good. Anyone that can play two sports professionally is a stud, no question, but that don't make him a good coach.

Eight

he is an all time great college and nfl football player, pieced together a 9-year mlb career in which he hit over .260, heck an ops of over .840 in 97 games w atlanta, but he has surpassed all of that in the area of self-promotion

still believe he will be decked out with more sponsor logos than a race car driver in september

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I don't know what Deion will do at CU. But I do know that for someone who supposedly sucks, I'm seeing a lot of continual convincing of ourselves that he sucks. Feels more like hand wringing to me...

McFroggin

It's even worse than that. He didn't even play but a couple of games during his last year and a half with the 'Boys. I've always hated him simply because he played for the niners, but even I'll admit he was good. Anyone that can play two sports professionally is a stud, no question, but that don't make him a good coach.

I don’t think anyone could argue that we would have been better off with anyone other than SD last year.

Deion while annoying to me is really good at promotion. He has convinced 5 star kids to commit to a HBCU and Colorado now. His recruiting is ramping up. His status brings celebrities around which attract recruits.

Imagine the recruits that he could have attracted to TCU. That sold many fans. Is he a good coach? That is TBD.

Wexahu

I don’t think anyone could argue that we would have been better off with anyone other than SD last year.

Deion while annoying to me is really good at promotion. He has convinced 5 star kids to commit to a HBCU and Colorado now. His recruiting is ramping up. His status brings celebrities around which attract recruits.

Imagine the recruits that he could have attracted to TCU. That sold many fans. Is he a good coach? That is TBD.
I think he has a chance to recruit well. Not sure how that will translate into wins and losses. A&M recruits well. UT has recruited well since forever.

He convinced one 5-star CB to go to Jackson State and now transfer to Colorado with him, and he's got another 5-star CB committed for 2024 as part of their #29 ranked class. Are there others?

Eight

I think he has a chance to recruit well. Not sure how that will translate into wins and losses. A&M recruits well. UT has recruited well since forever.

He convinced one 5-star CB to go to Jackson State and now transfer to Colorado with him, and he's got another 5-star CB committed for 2024 as part of their #29 ranked class. Are there others?

bingo, he did get two 5-stars to commit to him, both happen to play the position he played and i am sure he has sold them that he, a hof'er knows better than anyone how to get them into the nfl as a first round pick

howard signed a 7 foot 5-star prospect and how have they done lately?

ted williams might be the greatest hitter in baseball history and his ranger teams couldn't hit for [ Finebaum ]

the time to produce is fast approaching for sanders. he had two players out of jackson sign this year with the nfl which i don't know how it compares to prior years.

right now it is all honeymoon for him

Eight

FxBCgloaQAARBI6.jpg

this should play well with the boulder hippies​

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Did TCU also have to bring in a completely new roster or are those new players simply additions to a still largely entact roster?

Also I'm not sure where you're getting that number for TCU. By my count the Frogs brought in 11 4 stars this offseason according to 247. And if you're including transfers who were "former" 4 or 5 stars coming out of HS then that number goes up to 14.
He is very scared of the CU boogeyman. Might make sense for him to change his allegiance altogether.

OICU812

For everyone banging on Deion because you think his persona is a put-on: I agree that I wouldn’t want to have him in my inner circle because he is such a shameless, dishonest, perpetual self-promotor, interested in only what benefits him. . .
Question for most of you is, how do you rationalize pretending that Orangina isn’t exactly that?

Eight

For everyone banging on Deion because you think his persona is a put-on: I agree that I wouldn’t want to have him in my inner circle because he is such a shameless, dishonest, perpetual self-promotor, interested in only what benefits him. . .
Question for most of you is, how do you rationalize pretending that Orangina isn’t exactly that?

who the scheiss are you talking about and if it is politics get it off this damn board

CountryFrog

I don't know what Deion will do at CU. But I do know that for someone who supposedly sucks, I'm seeing a lot of continual convincing of ourselves that he sucks. Feels more like hand wringing to me...
For me in regards to our game against Colorado, it's far less about Deion as a coach than it is about the team he is coaching. I'm not saying it's impossible to bring in a completely new roster in college football and immediately be really good. But I've certainly never seen it happen. Colorado could've just hired Nick Saban as HC with Urban Meyer as his OC and Kirby Smart as his DC and I wouldn't believe that roster is getting more than 3 or 4 wins this year.

I have no scheissing clue how good of a coach Sanders is but I do know he has zero experience at this level, his starting QB has zero experience at this level, and he will be counting on a team full of guys who won't even all know each other's names when we play them. That's a tough recipe for success in week 1 on the road against what will presumably be a really good TCU team.

Last edited:

steelfrog

Tier 1
WHat you Nancy's are neglecting to remember is that CU knocked out our starting QB last year and after a half, the game was even. Then the floodgates were opened up on them with the running game second half.

But, almost all the players and coaches are gone from that team. There is no doubt that early in his tenure, Prime will be figuring out what works and what doesn't, so victory should be assured for the good guys in the Carter.

We won by 25 last year, prolly double that this year.

That is all.

McFroggin

WHat you Nancy's are neglecting to remember is that CU knocked out our starting QB last year and after a half, the game was even. Then the floodgates were opened up on them with the running game second half.

But, almost all the players and coaches are gone from that team. There is no doubt that early in his tenure, Prime will be figuring out what works and what doesn't, so victory should be assured for the good guys in the Carter.

We won by 25 last year, prolly double that this year.

That is all.

Correct in that it took a half to figure out our own team. Now most of that team is gone. Our starting QB is the same that struggled against CU last time. I think we win this, but I’ll be surprised if we destroy them

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Correct in that it took a half to figure out our own team. Now most of that team is gone. Our starting QB is the same that struggled against CU last time. I think we win this, but I’ll be surprised if we destroy them
As disgusted as I am by the person running the Offense, the speed at which it will operate, and the discipline it will take to stop it will be far beyond the capabilities of CO. Then the simple weight of better personnel, and depth, will further bury them.

I imagine their strategy will be lots of bombs and trick plays. That's about all they will have. They will have to get lucky multiple times, and have no turnovers or major blunders, which is unlikely for a team playing it's first College game.

Goo

I agree there appears to be a lack of linemen on CU roster. All the four star skill guys in the world won’t work with no line.

Is Brockermeyer expected to start for us against CU. He was #1 recruit in Texas and I believe top 5 nationally and #1 OL recruit nationally. I believe he had a knee issue at bama. Love to see him healthy and dominated their mostly juco DL