• The KillerFrogs

TCU favored by 21 over CU

Putt4Purple

I don’t feel like y’all are giving him enough credit.
I personally think he will eventually do well. TCU fans are confident with the season we had last year. We will have some transition ourselves but to look at the Colorado Buffs right now as a team and program they have an uphill climb. It will take time for Coach Sanders to build the foundation and program. TCU should be favored by 21 at least! Go Frogs!

Endless Purple

CU fans are desperate for an improved football program, right now!
For their home opener with Neb. tickets are $400 and top out at $1,200.
I wonder what a 2-10 season does to their current enthusiasm.
The away game for them here in Fort Worth is 200-650 on stubhub currently. I expect that to go up some before dropping down.

Eight

I think it’s based on his track record of being able to recruit to places better than history would suggest anyone would be able to, and also the fact that he knows his weaknesses (X’s and O’s) so he’s gone out and gotten good coordinators to run his O and D.

we shall see if he hired good co-ordinators at colorado, kelly was a dc at fsu for jimbo and things started to slip as the talent slipped, he coached with saban, but nick isn't around and neither is bama's talent.

harrell needs to prove he is more than a hunh guy

the big thing to me is sanders has to show he really wants to do this, is truly committed to making this work and do what needs to be done when he hits a rough patch. jackson was pretty much all honeymoon where a bit of talent could get them by, but different world now and talking about your luggage and churning your roster is only gong to take you so far

Eight

I sure as hell hope our players aren’t buying it. Besides the dangers of overconfidence, I would guess it’s going to be pretty hard to game plan a team that has no game film. We won’t have a very good handle on their personnel or on their schemes. That’s a recipe for some very unpleasant surprises.

look at lewis' offense in his last job and there is tape on his son, heck, the frogs have a group of analyst whose jump it is to evaluate current college players as potential transfers.

not like we live in the world anymore where if a team refuses to trade film you don't have a clue who and what you are facing

not saying this game will be a blow out, but it sure seems people are buying the hype and forgetting he has a 3 year track record period in college at the swac level running a program

Last edited:

bc puckett

I sure as hell hope our players aren’t buying it. Besides the dangers of overconfidence, I would guess it’s going to be pretty hard to game plan a team that has no game film. We won’t have a very good handle on their personnel or on their schemes. That’s a recipe for some very unpleasant surprises.
I think the fact it was 7-6 at the half last season might get some players attention.

82 Frog Fever

C’mon man, that’s ridiculous.
You sound like GP over hyping his opponents. Just throw in a lucky to win by 1.

Colorado will have 8 returning roster players & 66 new players who haven’t ever played together. All playing for a coach who has never coached in a P5 game, especially a season opener on the road.
Colorado has nothing new. Lewis runs a fast RPO heavy offense with lots of pre snap motion & misdirection. TCU knows that stuff well.

If Colorado can hold the score differential to <21, that’s a huge win for Col. and probably some uncomfortable questions for TCU.

OICU812

C’mon man, that’s ridiculous.
You sound like GP over hyping his opponents. Just throw in a lucky to win by 1.

Colorado will have 8 returning roster players & 66 new players who haven’t ever played together. All playing for a coach who has never coached in a P5 game, especially a season opener on the road.
Colorado has nothing new. Lewis runs a fast RPO heavy offense with lots of pre snap motion & misdirection. TCU knows that stuff well.

If Colorado can hold the score differential to <21, that’s a huge win for Col. and probably some uncomfortable questions for TCU.
A lot of similar comments were being made about TCU before last season. New staff, too many new players trying to learn new schemes, etc.
If TCU comes out of the tunnel angry with every player looking to take away somebody’s birthday (like UGA did us) then yes, it’s a blowout. But if our guys come out flat, acting like they already did something because hey, last year, then it absolutely could get interesting. You’d be a fool to disregard that possibility.

OICU812

look at harrell;s offense in his last job and there is tape on his son, heck, the frogs have a group of analyst whose jump it is to evaluate current college players as potential transfers.

not like we live in the world anymore where if a team refuses to trade film you don't have a clue who and what you are facing

not saying this game will be a blow out, but it sure seems people are buying the hype and forgetting he has a 3 year track record period in college at the swac level running a program
I’d bet you most coaches at this level would rather be in the position of preparing for a team with superior talent, and having an entire offseason to do it, than preparing for an unknown.
I hear you about the individual tape aspect, but that doesn’t tell a lot about how a guy is going to perform on a new team, in a new scheme, with new guys all around him. This time last year, we were all just hoping that Josh Newton could be a solid contributor. Same with Hodges, same with Ali. Look how they turned out.

Eight

I’d bet you most coaches at this level would rather be in the position of preparing for a team with superior talent, and having an entire offseason to do it, than preparing for an unknown.
I hear you about the individual tape aspect, but that doesn’t tell a lot about how a guy is going to perform on a new team, in a new scheme, with new guys all around him. This time last year, we were all just hoping that Josh Newton could be a solid contributor. Same with Hodges, same with Ali. Look how they turned out.

ali had kicked our arses the year before and if you hadn't noticed and were happy at his transferring in that is on you because i said last year when it happened it was a big deal

as far as the rest, bunch of hand wringing and glass half empty talk

you keep trying to compare what happened with the frogs last year to this buff team and the starting points aren't close.

OICU812

ali had kicked our arses the year before and if you hadn't noticed and were happy at his transferring in that is on you because i said last year when it happened it was a big deal

as far as the rest, bunch of hand wringing and glass half empty talk

you keep trying to compare what happened with the frogs last year to this buff team and the starting points aren't close.
Ok, cool. You go ahead and mark the win and take a nap. And the players should definitely do the same.:rolleyes:

Froginbedford

A lot of similar comments were being made about TCU before last season. New staff, too many new players trying to learn new schemes, etc.
If TCU comes out of the tunnel angry with every player looking to take away somebody’s birthday (like UGA did us) then yes, it’s a blowout. But if our guys come out flat, acting like they already did something because hey, last year, then it absolutely could get interesting. You’d be a fool to disregard that possibility.
But, but, but, we won the Rose Bowl.....

Ron Swanson

we shall see if he hired good co-ordinators at colorado, kelly was a dc at fsu for jimbo and things started to slip as the talent slipped, he coached with saban, but nick isn't around and neither is bama's talent.

harrell needs to prove he is more than a hunh guy

the big thing to me is sanders has to show he really wants to do this, is truly committed to making this work and do what needs to be done when he hits a rough patch. jackson was pretty much all honeymoon where a bit of talent could get them by, but different world now and talking about your luggage and churning your roster is only gong to take you so far
I’m not a pro or anti-Deion guy and I have no idea if he will succeed or not at CU, just giving the argument for why people think it will work. I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s successful at all though. That being said, I think 4-8 would be a hugely successful 2023 season for them.

As for him being committed to this, he seems all in to me.

I’m not worried about this game from a TCU standpoint.