• The KillerFrogs

TCU Construction Updates

LeagueCityFrog

I just heard the Eastside expansion won't open until the UT home game at the end of October. Understandable with how wet it was last Fall. What happens to the frog fans who bought seats there? I assume they won't be charged for the first three home games

SnoSki

I imagine that those sitting under the new addition (east side 200s) will still be able to sit there. As long as all the exterior work is done and it’s just a matter of finish-out, I can’t inagine that it would be unsafe to be underneath.

LeagueCityFrog

Oh right. They’ll figure out some way to get your money

TCU Athletics only took season ticket deposits at the selection event. So they won't have to refund. Most likely they will only take a percentage of the remaining total that reflects what games are remaining for the 2019 season.

TCUdirtbag

I just heard the Eastside expansion won't open until the UT home game at the end of October. Understandable with how wet it was last Fall. What happens to the frog fans who bought seats there? I assume they won't be charged for the first three home games

Even under perfect conditions the expansion timeline would have been incredibly aggressive.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I imagine that those sitting under the new addition (east side 200s) will still be able to sit there. As long as all the exterior work is done and it’s just a matter of finish-out, I can’t inagine that it would be unsafe to be underneath.

• 920x920.jpg
Photo: RON T. ENNIS, AP

tcumaniac

I asked Jeremiah where these people will sit before the east side expansion is completed, and his response was: "Depends on whether they have current seats, are trading those seats in, or are first time buyers... ticket office has developed a solution for all donors."

Would love to have more insight into what exactly the ticket office is doing. I was hoping the east side expansion meant more opportunity for upgrading seats this year, but maybe that won't be the case. There's probably a decent chance that a lot of people that could afford to buy east side club seats went ahead and kept their current seats in the stadium (hoping this isn't the case). Would love to know where the ticket office is putting the people that don't have additional seats elsewhere. Will they be stuck in unsold season tickets for a few games? Will they be given access to better seats that otherwise would have been available to upgrade to?

TCUdirtbag

I asked Jeremiah where these people will sit before the east side expansion is completed, and his response was: "Depends on whether they have current seats, are trading those seats in, or are first time buyers... ticket office has developed a solution for all donors."

Would love to have more insight into what exactly the ticket office is doing. I was hoping the east side expansion meant more opportunity for upgrading seats this year, but maybe that won't be the case. There's probably a decent chance that a lot of people that could afford to buy east side club seats went ahead and kept their current seats in the stadium (hoping this isn't the case). Would love to know where the ticket office is putting the people that don't have additional seats elsewhere. Will they be stuck in unsold season tickets for a few games? Will they be given access to better seats that otherwise would have been available to upgrade to?

I have no scheisss to give about where other people sit at football games. Patience, grasshopper. With time your seats will steadily improve.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

+8

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Noticed on the VB article on 360 that he said after this round of construction completed there would be a pause.

The eventual “deep breath”, restored green spaces and no cranes on campus for first time since...Reagan??