• The KillerFrogs

TCU Construction Updates

HToady

As of 30 September, Greene is permanently closed to campus access. As of 30 September, Princeton is permanently closed as a through street through campus.

The TCU Football Jerk

Traffic circles aka roundabouts can be fantastic. Without lights if minimal traffic. I personally like the ones with short light sequences that are also motion sensitive. Traffic moves like a dream and even in rush hour traffic you never wait more than a few seconds.

Diverging diamonds coming your way. I've been through a couple of these. Very disconcerting at first, but really aid traffic flow and not that big a deal when you get used to them.

LeagueCityFrog

When is that new TCU hotel breaking ground and did they go back and change the outside of the building aesthetically? I remember the new Oklahoma State hotel images that were put on here looked way better from the outside than what TCU initially put forward.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
When is that new TCU hotel breaking ground and did they go back and change the outside of the building aesthetically? I remember the new Oklahoma State hotel images that were put on here looked way better from the outside than what TCU initially put forward.

The OSU hotel is not new. But, yes it is very nice.

TCUdirtbag

I’m surprised it hasn’t started yet. I’m underwhelmed with the project but don’t expect it to change. Fact is, Fort Worth isn’t a college town like some of these building high end on-campus hotels. Those classes of hotels tend to build in a location with max earning potential year round. In a city like Fort Worth, that isn’t on the TCU campus. It’s downtown and the cultural district. So we aren’t likely to see something like an Omni/Hilton/Worthington type property on campus. In a college town like Stillwater, where land and building is cheaper and the college is the only show in town, it’s a lot easier to justify the high end on campus hotel.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
TCU does things the right way when it comes to building buildings. TCU should build this Oklahoma State hotel in TCU brick and style and not what they put out on the first artist rendering of the hotel. I'm sure future TCU alum brides would like to book a nice hotel like the Oklahoma State campus hotel right after their wedding at the TCU Chapel. #leadon

Agree, something classier is needed. Went to OSU for grad school, they also had a nice dark wood, white table cloth restaurant in it (that I couldn’t afford), that would be nice for visitors alums.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I’m surprised it hasn’t started yet. I’m underwhelmed with the project but don’t expect it to change. Fact is, Fort Worth isn’t a college town like some of these building high end on-campus hotels. Those classes of hotels tend to build in a location with max earning potential year round. In a city like Fort Worth, that isn’t on the TCU campus. It’s downtown and the cultural district. So we aren’t likely to see something like an Omni/Hilton/Worthington type property on campus. In a college town like Stillwater, where land and building is cheaper and the college is the only show in town, it’s a lot easier to justify the high end on campus hotel.

Yeah, because people flock to Stillwater year round to fill those rooms!?!

mcdaddy

Parking lot where hotel is to be built is closed.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
o2yaq.jpg