• The KillerFrogs

TCU Construction Updates

LeagueCityFrog

TCU is going to be thankful they got this east side football addition over the finish line. I think nationally with athletic donations being neutralized as a tax deduction by the new federal tax code with the associated the new lower tax brackets it is going to be harder for institutions to get people to open their wallets like they used to for capital athletic projects. A key effort to watch as an example is the $300 million KU project. They just canned their AD and Lawrence is on the Bret Beilema watch and he ain't going to be cheap and that money doesn't go to facilities. I'm sure Schloss negotiated for more TCU baseball facilities during that whole I'm leaving for Miss State fiasco. So look for that stadium project next.

With exception of maybe your blue bloods / large state schools / Notre Dame, TCU, and maybe Miami if they stay hot, look for some schools to stop participating in the athletics building arms race like we've seen over the previous 10 years. I can't see schools like Indiana, Rutgers Wash State, BC, Baylor, Wake, Duke, Colorado, Oregon State, among others keeping up this next round. There are more. I think I read Washington State was in the worst financial standing of all Power 5 schools.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
TCU is going to be thankful they got this east side football addition over the finish line. I think nationally with athletic donations being neutralized as a tax deduction by the new federal tax code with the associated the new lower tax brackets it is going to be harder for institutions to get people to open their wallets like they used to for capital athletic projects. A key effort to watch as an example is the $300 million KU project. They just canned their AD and Lawrence is on the Bret Beilema watch and he ain't going to be cheap and that money doesn't go to facilities. I'm sure Schloss negotiated for more TCU baseball facilities during that whole I'm leaving for Miss State fiasco. So look for that stadium project next.

With exception of maybe your blue bloods / large state schools / Notre Dame, TCU, and maybe Miami if they stay hot, look for some schools to stop participating in the athletics building arms race like we've seen over the previous 10 years. I can't see schools like Indiana, Rutgers Wash State, BC, Baylor, Wake, Duke, Colorado, Oregon State, among others keeping up this next round. There are more. I think I read Washington State was in the worst financial standing of all Power 5 schools.

Indiana is in the middle of upgrades, finished a big locker room and end zone facility a year or two ago. New baseball stadium, etc. Purdue is starting on some upgrades too I believe.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
As if most of these these schools don't already have adequate facilities.

Eight

Just how are we going to get in that place from the east side?

no worries, this has been worked out with scale models of the new building project

original.jpg

Brog

South of the Rec Center facing Berry St. That little house still there on the corner will certainly add some charm to the project.

I'm confused as usual. Won't it be east of the Rec Center? Thought the Admissions building was already south of the Rec center.

This should be an incredibly beautiful campus....if they ever get it finished. Any resemblance to the current campus

and the one that existed in 1956 is purely coincidental.

MTfrog5

At least from what little we can see on those pics it looks like that ramp going down to the southeast corner of the stadium is still accessible.
That log jam will be fun to watch if there is limited access to enter on that side. Maybe people will decide to get into the stadium earlier?