• The KillerFrogs

TCU Construction Updates

lowfrog

It’ll take a few months to work a good beer smell into the carpets.

Sorry, no carpets this time. They learned their lesson. They are installing fake wood floors and tile with channels. Spilled beer, etc., runs off to drains from which it is recycled. Also, in the bathrooms they are using NASA technology to recycle pee into beer and water. Don't forget to thank NASA for the recycling technology next time you gulp down a frat house beer.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Sorry, no carpets this time. They learned their lesson. They are installing fake wood floors and tile with channels. Spilled beer, etc., runs off to drains from which it is recycled. Also, in the bathrooms they are using NASA technology to recycle pee into beer and water. Don't forget to thank NASA for the recycling technology next time you gulp down a frat house beer.

We went with the coke machine that we stocked with Bud instead, at least until TCU found out about.

Am I hallucinating or did that really happen Hump? So much of the 60s and early 70s is sort of hazy...

Big Frog II

Wow, this contradicts what I've heard, that our capital indebtedness now exceeds $400 million! Where did that story come from, anyway.
Dorms are paid for by bonds, because they generate their own revenue to pay for themselves. There are other projects that have interim bonds. and they are paid off as the pledges are collected.

With all of this new construction I'm surprised that Jarvis Hall hasn't been replaced. That was my freshman

residence in 1952 and it was antiquated even then.

TCUdirtbag

With all of this new construction I'm surprised that Jarvis Hall hasn't been replaced. That was my freshman

residence in 1952 and it was antiquated even then.

Jarvis was gutted to the bricks concrete and steel in about 2007. First couple floors are part of student affairs (religious life, intercultural and inclusiveness etc), and the third floor is part of the school of music. Career services is in there somewhere too