• The KillerFrogs

TCU Construction Updates

Mean Purple

They’re spread out all over campus and are trying to consolidate and get as many administrative departments as possible into one place. This also moves a major hub for guests near parking/street access and opens up Sadler for much-needed academic space. Enrollment is up and increasing and this is one of those things that alleviates some of the side effects of growth.
baylol put most of their admin in one building. the "tower of power" they like to call it. look how that turned out.

InstaFrog

baylol put most of their admin in one building. the "tower of power" they like to call it. look how that turned out.
I wouldn't touch that one with a ten foot pole...Oh, wait a minute, nevermind...
giphy.gif

TCUdirtbag

Rendering of new admin building

Screen-Shot-2018-03-09-at-3.07.58-PM.png

Departments moving to the administration building include the Chancellor’s Office, Provost’s Office, University Advancement, Financial Services, Financial Aid, Marketing & Communication, the Registrar, the Career Center, Title IX Office and Student Affairs, as well as the Student Center.

Most notably this opens up essentially all of Sadler for the Honors College (meaning Scharbauer offers more room to AddRan). Some of Jarvis will open up, but I’m not sure if the student affairs offices will go, too, possibly opening Jarvis for classroom or faculty office use? The plan may also move some offices currently in the BLUJ, which could open up space for the planned BLUU addition/renovations.

Last edited:

MAcFroggy

Rendering of new admin building

Screen-Shot-2018-03-09-at-3.07.58-PM.png

Departments moving to the administration building include the Chancellor’s Office, Provost’s Office, University Advancement, Financial Services, Financial Aid, Marketing & Communication, the Registrar, the Career Center, Title IX Office and Student Affairs, as well as the Student Center.

Most notably this opens up essentially all of Sadler for the Honors College (meaning Scharbauer offers more room to AddRan). Some of Jarvis will open up, but I’m not sure if the student affairs offices will go, too, possibly opening Jarvis for classroom or faculty office use? The plan may also move some offices currently in the BLUJ, which could open up space for the planned BLUU addition/renovations.

Where is this building going to be located?

LeagueCityFrog

is that smaller dome a wishing well like the one at UNC Chapel Hill? I think both domes in these pictures should be purple or a blend of purple and white mosaic. Make them pop with our school's colors.

HToady

New TCU Administration Building could break ground in as little as 11 months. Sadler would be renovated to house he Honors College, allowing AddRan to expand in Scharbauer.

Screen-Shot-2018-03-09-at-2.52.09-PM.png
Saw the presentation on this. Not real thrilled with Berry Street being the main entrance to the University. I guess they should rename University Drive to "Side Street". Plus they're going to put a traffic light at the Main Entrance, but not at Rogers, so with people leaving campus parking and trying to avoid the intersection at Berry and University, plus McDonalds, plus the bank and Kroger traffic from the other side, it will definitely be a street to avoid...

LeagueCityFrog

The conceptual drawing makes it appears that the one single house is hanging tough and the new building will face it on Berry Street. I'm sure that will look great.....Not!

LeagueCityFrog

Upon further review, once that house on Berry Street sells it looks like TCU can build an additional wing to that new administrative building to even it out and fully wrap the building around an epic water fountain circle drive.

flyfishingfrog

Saw the presentation on this. Not real thrilled with Berry Street being the main entrance to the University. I guess they should rename University Drive to "Side Street". Plus they're going to put a traffic light at the Main Entrance, but not at Rogers, so with people leaving campus parking and trying to avoid the intersection at Berry and University, plus McDonalds, plus the bank and Kroger traffic from the other side, it will definitely be a street to avoid...
So out of curiosity where exactly do you consider the main entrance to the university today and how is a new admin building changing that?

It’s not like our current one has a circle drive off university...

HToady

It’s not like our current one has a circle drive off university...

So apparently, you already know where it is....

If a circle drive constitutes "an entrance", then it seems it would be a lot cheaper to build one at Sadler Hall, then build a new building....that's just me though...

flyfishingfrog

So apparently, you already know where it is....

If a circle drive constitutes "an entrance", then it seems it would be a lot cheaper to build one at Sadler Hall, then build a new building....that's just me though...
my point is that having the administration building there doesn't make it the main entrance to TCU anymore than saying where Sadler sits now makes it the entrance to TCU - the new design will make that road the driveway to get to where you park for the administration building and that is pretty much it.

Otherwise our current entrance is either of a combination of Cantey and North or Bellaire and South since that is where you "drive and park" to get to Sadler. No one parks on University and walks into Sadler hall from the direction that you are referring to as the entrance to the university - which is really right in the center of campus anyway and will still be there so people can walk past it on there way to wherever.

So I don't see your point at all...