• The KillerFrogs

TCU - Cal game 1 3rd inning game thread

tcumaniac

By the way - for those not at the game, may have been the best non-con regular season crowd we have in a long time - very into the game.
My wife and I made plans to meet my parents for dinner last night knowing we’d be at the games today and tomorrow.

We ended up eating fairly close to campus and finished up as the 7th was starting. Decided to drive over to Lupton and found a really good parking spot. Found seats and sat down right as Austin Henry was walking up to bat for what ended up being the sac fly to tie the game.

Were we TCU’s lucky charm? Hard to argue that we weren’t. ;)

But to your point, the crowd was fantastic last night. Seemed to be a healthy dose of rowdy students sitting in the lower levels making a lot of noise as well.

Coach Schloss agreed.

Last edited:

Purp

Thinking that it will be tough to keep Sacco in the two-hole with his very high tendency to K. And need to start getting more production out of Porter Brown at the top. Henry really struggling and yet the Frogs are winning ballgames. Need that top of the order to break out.

Figure that today may be Drew Hill and Austin Krob day on the mound. Hoping King can get through the lineup a couple of times and that the offense spots an early and substantial lead. Unless this Cal starter breaks trend, we can't expect to get many BB's. He's only walked two in over 11 innings of work. King hasn't walked anybody in his last 14+ innings. Maybe he should try being a little more "strategically" wild and see if he can't get some swings and misses.
Henry has been great with RISP. He might as well not go to the plate with nobody on. His average isn't great with RISP, but he's bringing them in.

flyfishingfrog

Henry has been great with RISP. He might as well not go to the plate with nobody on. His average isn't great with RISP, but he's bringing them in.
Before last night he led the team in RBIs which is crazy for a go hitting below the Mendoza line

maybe he should visualize runners instead of breathing deep