• The KillerFrogs

TCU - Cal game 1 3rd inning game thread

Pharm Frog

220, 221 - whatever it takes

nice seeing the boys claw back in and take the game after a rough start

wasn’t easy but should build some confidence

will be interesting to see how tomorrow goes- Cal looked a lot more disciplined at the plate than anyone else we have faced so far this year

I’d be okay if we could get 4 innings out of King tomorrow with a lead or tie. Much more than that would be gravy IMO

Deep Purple

Great to hear - he seems to be a natural - could be big time if he really wanted to I think
His pre-game analysis was a little nervous and flat -- almost no vocal inflection and he stumbled over some words. But once into the game, he warmed up to the job and provided insightful commentary throughout. It's fun to hear this thoughts on the game.

flyfishingfrog

I’d be more OK if we could get him back into a middle relief role.
Schloss made it pretty obvious on the pre-game interview he would like Krob to take over a starting role but hasn’t had another Lefty in the bullpen to backfill him with Augie and Miller both out for the season

but he said one of the other lefties has been out with mono and is expected to start throwing soon and should be back by the Cali trip

maybe we see Krob get a mid week start when that happens and go from there

Last edited:

H-Town Frog

No offense to those that have sung the National Anthem at Frog baseball games, but that girl killed it tonight and should sing at every Frog baseball game.

flyfishingfrog

It was interesting to hear that the Cal coach started the year playing his more seniors guys even though they were role players - but then after losing several games they should have won, he said screw it and changed his lineup to put in the young, inexperienced but more talented new guys and started winning

if we struggle again today on the mound - I feel like that might be the way to go for our 3rd weekend guy. Maybe do a little pitch by committee for a few weeks similar to what we saw the first mid-week and see if one of the freshman can become a starter

ftwfrog

I forgot how loud those metal seats can be. Certainly the 10th man helped earn a run or two in our big inning. Stoutenburrough was rattled after one man reached base.

Paint It Purple

220, 221 - whatever it takes

nice seeing the boys claw back in and take the game after a rough start

wasn’t easy but should build some confidence

will be interesting to see how tomorrow goes- Cal looked a lot more disciplined at the plate than anyone else we have faced so far this year
Mr. Mom.

Pharm Frog

Thinking that it will be tough to keep Sacco in the two-hole with his very high tendency to K. And need to start getting more production out of Porter Brown at the top. Henry really struggling and yet the Frogs are winning ballgames. Need that top of the order to break out.

Figure that today may be Drew Hill and Austin Krob day on the mound. Hoping King can get through the lineup a couple of times and that the offense spots an early and substantial lead. Unless this Cal starter breaks trend, we can't expect to get many BB's. He's only walked two in over 11 innings of work. King hasn't walked anybody in his last 14+ innings. Maybe he should try being a little more "strategically" wild and see if he can't get some swings and misses.

PurpleBlood87

I forgot how loud those metal seats can be. Certainly the 10th man helped earn a run or two in our big inning. Stoutenburrough was rattled after one man reached base.

Seems that Stoutenburrough's second trip through the order was a tough one. Cal had a couple of pitchers who didn't take getting into trouble well.

Johnny Ray faced adversity in the second inning but bounced back and retirned nine straight before walking the leadoff man in the sixth.

Last edited: