• The KillerFrogs

TCU Basketball @ Western Virginia Game thread

TRF51

See a lot of big guys at the end of the bench that look very talented. Why does it seem like we have trouble getting guys eligible their freshman year?

Horny 4 Life

Man, we had a chance to make the lead single digits and KW chokes on both free throws. Not a lot of positives to take from that first half right now.

TRF51

I guess I did not have high expectations winning this game but we are every bit as good as these guys, we are having trouble getting into our offense.

TX_Krötenechse

WVU has a really good team and a strong home court advantage. Refs are letting the teams play physical, which benefits WVU more than us.

With only 7 guys, we don’t have the depth to win this one until we can generate a ton of turnovers and stay hot on offense.

ThisIsOurTime

Interesting to see Dixon call for more of the lobs into the front court to break the trap. That is a creative way to get around our lack of guards.

But the biggest problem right now is we just aren't scoring enough points to force them to get out of the trap. Right now they have been able to impose their tempo on the game. I would rather us get the ball across halfcourt and just get into a standard half court offense for a while where we feed Vlad and try to take back the tempo of the game. If nothing else, it should give our guys a chance to rest and calm themselves. If we are going to win this game, we have to change the tempo of the game because we can't beat them right now trying to go fast break against their trap.

Dogfrog

We have seven players. WVU played either ten or eleven players in the first half, eight of which scored. At this pace, it’s a challenge.

ThisIsOurTime

He's a man trapped in a lesbian's body...but at least his taxes are free!

It would do him some good to miss a few meals for his health. I am always amazed to see college coaches that have put on appreciable weight despite access to quality workout facilities, top shelf nutrition and being surrounded by a culture of athletic performance. You would think these things would ensure they remain at least in moderate shape.

ThisIsOurTime

We have seven players. WVU played either ten or eleven players in the first half, eight of which scored. At this pace, it’s a challenge.

IMO, even more reason to slow things down after we cross mid-court. Will be interesting to see how Dixon plays things in the 2nd half. His tendency as a former guard is probably to want to go fast break but this would be a time I think to go against that tendency. If we can slow things down a bit and WV starts to see their shooting average go back down a bit, I think this game will tighten back up.