• The KillerFrogs

TCU Baseball vs the Movin' Mavs

Eight

Earned loss

bases loaded one out early and two shallow fly balls when the frogs could have broken it open followed by a parade of ground balls double plays that killed three potential innings and then not getting the needed hit a couple of times in extra innings

ftwfrog

It’s about god damned time we fire all involved. Fire Schloss!! Fire Sarloos! And cut scholarships!! Oh and fire that umpire!!

ftwfrog

Seriously folks. Chill.

We hit into 4 double plays. And stop complaining about the umpire. He gave us many pitches that were questionable.

tcumaniac

First game after breaking into the D1 Baseball Top 25.

This loss blows, but I’m not worried. Lots of bad breaks. Should have won on multiple occasions and were just dumb.

Still think we do very well this weekend. Hopefully this game pisses them off a little bit.

RoyaltyWorePurple

First game after breaking into the D1 Baseball Top 25.

This loss blows, but I’m not worried. Lots of bad breaks. Should have won on multiple occasions and were just dumb.

Still think we do very well this weekend. Hopefully this game pisses them off a little bit.
Sometimes a loss gets you back in the right frame of mind.

Pharm Frog

bad loss last night.

The team is going to have to over perform in Cali to make up for it.

Need to find a way to take 3 of 4 out there.

I'm not seeing the type of offensive production that is necessary to win close ball games consistently. I think our pitching (if it holds up) will keep us in the vast majority of ballgames but the hitting is not where it needs to be to finish off opponents. We've won a lot of ballgames by being the recipients of many free passes and errors. Many of those walks were “earned” by competitive plate appearances. As the competition consistently improves it's gonna be more and more difficult to win games that way.

flyfishingfrog

I'm not seeing the type of offensive production that is necessary to win close ball games consistently. I think our pitching (if it holds up) will keep us in the vast majority of ballgames but the hitting is not where it needs to be to finish off opponents. We've won a lot of ballgames by being the recipients of many free passes and errors. Many of those walks were “earned” by competitive plate appearances. As the competition consistently improves it's gonna be more and more difficult to win games that way.
yeah - winning by walks and getting a timely hit will eventually catch up to the team like it did last night.

Have to learn to keep producing even with a lead - we seem to be doing the opposite of last year where we waited for the reliever. Now we are getting on the starter and then taking our foot of the gas.

Hope the bats get hot this weekend.