• The KillerFrogs

TCU Baseball v Vanderbilt

flyfishingfrog

You do know that the odds are for them to fail, right? It's called baseball. But what do I know?
So what are the odds that none of them even put the ball in play smart ass? They all struck out when all we needed was 1 to put the ball in the field of play to score a run?

Bet it’s better than .500 without even looking

So not much to answer your question

MadFrog

Becoming more and more clear that we don't have any base stealers. I like ML but he is not a 5th place hitter. Balta might be. I did not like seeing all of Watson's strikeouts, and I wonder why Feltman didn't get some work in this weekend. I thought for sure he would pitch the 9th inning today just to get the work in. I hope he is OK.

flyfishingfrog

Becoming more and more clear that we don't have any base stealers. I like ML but he is not a 5th place hitter. Balta might be. I did not like seeing all of Watson's strikeouts, and I wonder why Feltman didn't get some work in this weekend. I thought for sure he would pitch the 9th inning today just to get the work in. I hope he is OK.
We play Rice Tuesday so would bet Schloss wanted to keep Feldman ready for that - would guess you might see him even if it’s not a save situation

Last edited:

Big Frog II

Vandy has a freshman class that look and play like juniors from day 1 - not sure how they seem to manage that type of recruiting year in and year out but they are good at it and it showed today
They can put all students on scholarship for need based reasons since their endowment is so large from what I've heard. Much easier to recruit with that.

flyfishingfrog

They can put all students on scholarship for need based reasons since their endowment is so large from what I've heard. Much easier to recruit with that.
The lower cost thing is part of why they are good consistently - but not sure that alone explains why they manage to get freshman to show up on campus that are ready to excel at D1 Baseball from day 1

Most programs are like us where the majority of freshman have some growing pains - they have 2 or 3 hitting over .400 and a couple on the mound mowing guys down already

Just an observation that they are a step above everyone it seems at evaluating ready to go out of the gate talent in HS

Purp

The lower cost thing is part of why they are good consistently - but not sure that alone explains why they manage to get freshman to show up on campus that are ready to excel at D1 Baseball from day 1

Most programs are like us where the majority of freshman have some growing pains - they have 2 or 3 hitting over .400 and a couple on the mound mowing guys down already

Just an observation that they are a step above everyone it seems at evaluating ready to go out of the gate talent in HS
Most of that kind of talent goes in the draft and skips college. We've been good at finding those guys, but have been unlucky the last couple years getting them on campus. This year's freshman class was hit especially hard by the draft.

flyfishingfrog

I hope that Lodolo figures it out soon....

He had a bad day is all - sometimes the ball just spins and doesn’t move

It happens - the team needs to back him up when it does

And they tried but the two runs Vandy scored without a hit were killers

Hard to overcome both Cal and Nick struggling in the same game when you play a squad as strong as Vandy