• The KillerFrogs

TCU Baseball Team Mom?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Spike @ Jun 18 2009, 08:20 PM) [snapback]344456[/snapback]
Blue hairs and bermites must be persecuted. We absolutely cannot have people growing fingernails at Frog sporting events.

Farting should be controlled as well.

Leap Frog

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Jun 19 2009, 06:57 AM) [snapback]344588[/snapback]
Farting should be controlled as well.

By all means: According to CNN, this is causing global warming.

Deep Purple

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Jun 17 2009, 06:31 AM) [snapback]343327[/snapback]
Of course, Deep is a moderator so he is not likely to remove his own negative remarks about her.

I'm not likely to remove my positive comments about her either, and I made quite a few. Now that the massive deletions in this thread have been reversed, I suppose the lesson is that moderators need to learn to moderate according to the board posting rules and not their own personal views. This is not a selective propaganda site like AggieFans.com or Baylor fans.com. In keeping with the spirit of TCU itself, this board from its origin was intended to be more open, independent, and free-wheeling.

We used to have a moderator who deleted according to his personal views, even to the point of deleting other moderators -- and even adminstrators. His handle was Horned Frog Pride. Because of his routine abuse of moderator privileges, he didn't last long.

Incidentally, he was also a founding partner of Kf.c. So it appears nobody is above the rules here. Like me, HFP didn't "create" this board. Wes and one other partner did that. But there were a total of seven of us who in 1997 partnered to put up the money to make this site a reality. If we hadn't, it's possible we might still be relegated to the lame, cookie-cutter Rivals site we had at the time. And possibly not. It's entirely possible, perhaps probable, that somebody else might have eventually done the same thing we did. But at the time, we put in our personal resources to give KillerFrogs.com the chance to become the thriving and leading TCU sports fan website it is today.

BTW, I didn't reveal TCU Mom's identity. That was done in a November 2008 article in the TCU Daily Skiff, which was posted here by SFA Frog before I even entered this thread. Once the name was already out there, I simply went with it. So did others, who mentioned not only her name, but her husband's name and their non-TCU alma mater affiliation. Why you chose to single me out as your personal project I'd guess has more to do with personal reasons than moderator responsibilities. Perhaps that's why your decision was reversed?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Deep Purple @ Jun 19 2009, 11:56 PM) [snapback]344865[/snapback]
I'm not likely to remove my positive comments about her either, and I made quite a few. Now that the massive deletions in this thread have been reversed, I suppose the lesson is that moderators need to learn to moderate according to the board posting rules and not their own personal views. This is not a selective propaganda site like AggieFans.com or Baylor fans.com. In keeping with the spirit of TCU itself, this board from its origin was intended to be more open, independent, and free-wheeling.

We used to have a moderator who deleted according to his personal views, even to the point of deleting other moderators -- and even adminstrators. His handle was Horned Frog Pride. Because of his routine abuse of moderator privileges, he didn't last long.

Incidentally, he was also a founding partner of Kf.c. So it appears nobody is above the rules here. Like me, HFP didn't "create" this board. Wes and one other partner did that. But there were a total of seven of us who in 1997 partnered to put up the money to make this site a reality. If we hadn't, it's possible we might still be relegated to the lame, cookie-cutter Rivals site we had at the time. And possibly not. It's entirely possible, perhaps probable, that somebody else might have eventually done the same thing we did. But at the time, we put in our personal resources to give KillerFrogs.com the chance to become the thriving and leading TCU sports fan website it is today.

BTW, I didn't reveal TCU Mom's identity. That was done in a November 2008 article in the TCU Daily Skiff, which was posted here by SFA Frog before I even entered this thread. Once the name was already out there, I simply went with it. So did others, who mentioned not only her name, but her husband's name and their non-TCU alma mater affiliation. Why you chose to single me out as your personal project I'd guess has more to do with personal reasons than moderator responsibilities. Perhaps that's why your decision was reversed?

What decision was reversed? I don't make decisions for this board.

wow ... so you are justifying hiding behind a handle to write negative things about an elderly woman who goes on the road to games, tournaments, regionals to support her team. Unlike you.

There happens to be others who did not like or appreciate the comments made about her. Whatever Wes and Scott think is best for their site and their customers. Not up to me.

Classy.

And as far as you always trying to act like you created this board and made it what it is today ... whatever works in your world.

Did you ever answer my question about those billboards?

Well, while you sit around today, I'm off to play Hoop It Up.. You have a good one.

PurpleBlood87

QUOTE(Leap Frog @ Jun 18 2009, 02:55 PM) [snapback]344305[/snapback]
I think we should leave the mom alone and go after the "blue hairs"-- like some used to. After all, blue hairs just take up space, sit on their hands, fart and grow finger nails. :wacko:

Don't worry if the government has its way, ObamaCare will take care of the Blue Hairs with rationed health care.

T

TCU2314

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Jun 20 2009, 05:47 AM) [snapback]344874[/snapback]
I'm off to play Hoop It Up

Kick butt, Top.
The berm society is pulling for you!

dannyfrog

Why are some of the members on this board showing dislike to this woman? I see her at every home game and she cheers her butt off. Alot of people on the forum always complain about attendance and being more vocal in the stands on the west side, so there you go. You have a fan that has been loyal hearted for many years now and she is just a die hard fan, which TCU needs more of. I give her alot of credit for the heart she puts forth for the Frogs there is no reason to bash her.

Filling

Recovered Workaholic
Now that the massive deletions in this thread have been reversed,

Check again. The "deletions" made in this thread remain "deleted".

I suppose the lesson is that moderators need to learn to moderate according to the board posting rules and not their own personal views.

Perhaps you need to review the rules yourself, particularly the overarching philosophy (para 2 of the preamble):

"All of us are adults and we need to act like them."

as well as Rule 1:

"No personal attacks"

We used to have a moderator who deleted according to his personal views

The moderator of this thread--me--did not "delete" any posts based on my personal views.

The posts were removed from sight in response to TWO moderator complaint reports filed complaining about your posts, as well as the public posted comments of 5 kf.c members who found your repeated criticisms of this TCU fan to be over the line.

Why you chose to single me out as your personal project I'd guess has more to do with personal reasons than moderator responsibilities. Perhaps that's why your decision was reversed?

You also need to review the roster of moderators. As stated above, I am the mod responsible for the changes made to this thread--not Top. Ergo, this is not a Deep-Top urination contest. The issue is your inappropriate personal attack against an innocent TCU fan.

Finally, as you know as a moderator, we don't really "delete" posts. We set them to "invisible" to flag them to wes and Scott for final adjudication. You got a problem--take it up with them.

FROGDADDY

Bottom line is that if you said even ONE negative thing about this lady then you're a first class jerk.

PurpleBlood87

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jun 20 2009, 12:31 PM) [snapback]344930[/snapback]
Bottom line is that if you said even ONE negative thing about this lady then you're a first class jerk.

She's a great fan. But, at the baseball games her voice is a little grating on that T-C-U cheer. But that is part of her character. You can tell when she is headed to her seats because she throws her frog dolls down the stairs in front of her.

Deep Purple

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Jun 20 2009, 05:47 AM) [snapback]344874[/snapback]
wow ... so you are justifying hiding behind a handle to write negative things about an elderly woman who goes on the road to games, tournaments, regionals to support her team. Unlike you.

:rolleyes:
Handle or not, I haven't been completely anonymous to most on this board since about 1998.

There happens to be others who did not like or appreciate the comments made about her.

There are always "others who don't like or appreciate" specific posts. It's called diversity of opinion. I've seen plenty here that I don't like or appreciate. The difference is, I don't call for censorship whenever I see it. Others can't seem to get along without censorship.

And as far as you always trying to act like you created this board and made it what it is today ... whatever works in your world.

You really do have selective attention deficit disorder, don't you? For the fourth time, I've never claimed or even implied I "created" this board. So you can keep pummeling that straw man if you like, but it gets you nowhere.

Did you ever answer my question about those billboards?

Did you ever answer my question about those MLB programs? As I recall, I asked first. You never answered, yet you feel you have some entitlement to have your own questions answered. You may not be the press, Top, but you sure do act like them.

Well, while you sit around today

By the swimming pool with my tunes, a good book, and a tall cool beverage.

I'm off to play Hoop It Up.. You have a good one.

What a man. Could you please sweat on some of us so we can absorb some of your manly testosterone?

Deep Purple

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jun 20 2009, 12:31 PM) [snapback]344930[/snapback]

Says the man who doesn't know her.

Last I checked, there's been only one perfect human being ever born on this planet. The rest of us have feet of clay. This woman is a great fan, but she's not Holy Mother Mary, despite the inclination of some of you to create a cult of veneration around her.

Deep Purple

QUOTE(HFrog71 @ Jun 20 2009, 10:50 AM) [snapback]344917[/snapback]
The "deletions" made in this thread remain "deleted".

Actually, no. Two days ago there was much, much more deleted. About 90% of that has been restored. Very little has remained deleted.

Perhaps you need to review the rules yourself, particularly the overarching philosophy (para 2 of the preamble):

"All of us are adults and we need to act like them."

Adults can voice a mixture of praise and criticism, which is what I did. Children, who want everything their own way, generally can't handle the criticism part, so they censor it.

as well as Rule 1:

"No personal attacks"

The moderator of this thread--me--did not "delete" any posts based on my personal views.

The least enforced rule on this board. You'll find hundreds of completely untouched threads here that are rife with personal attacks.

When you selectively rather than universally enforce a rule, you in fact are deleting according to you personal views. You have to. There's no other way, when you let some personal attacks go and others stand.

The posts were removed from sight in response to TWO moderator complaint reports filed complaining about your posts, as well as the public posted comments of 5 kf.c members who found your repeated criticisms of this TCU fan to be over the line.

Other posts on other topics have drawn an equal share of protests from both posters and moderators yet never suffered the massive deletions this thread suffered two days ago. It was WAY over the top.

Finally, as you know as a moderator, we don't really "delete" posts. We set them to "invisible" to flag them to wes and Scott for final adjudication. You got a problem--take it up with them.

Problem? Have I voiced a problem? I thought I was celebrating the fact that good judgment prevailed over censorship. I don't see a problem there.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(Deep Purple @ Jun 20 2009, 03:46 PM) [snapback]344962[/snapback]

Last I checked, there's been only one perfect human being ever born on this planet. The rest of us have feet of clay. This woman is a great fan, but she's not Holy Mother Mary, despite the inclination of some of you to create a cult of veneration around her.

Says the man who has no idea whether or not I know her. And don't give me cult of veneration. I never said she was beyond criticism, I just find it extremely pathetic that anybody would FEEL THE NEED to criticize her publicly (and anonymously to most of us). It doesn't surprise me that it was YOU who did though.

Deep Purple

QUOTE(FROGDADDY @ Jun 20 2009, 04:07 PM) [snapback]344967[/snapback]
Says the man who has no idea whether or not I know her.

Actually, I do know. Your posts here have made it evident to anybody who knows her.

And don't give me cult of veneration. I never said she was beyond criticism

No. You just feel that nobody should exercise the right to criticism. Good logic, there.

I just find it extremely pathetic that anybody would FEEL THE NEED to criticize her publicly (and anonymously to most of us).

Who said I "felt the need"? Does anybody on this board have a genuine "need" to post anything here? I voiced an opinion, just like 100% of the posters here do 100% of the time. You disagreed with the opinion, so in your view, that makes it out of line and worthy of censorship.

Are you familiar with the concept of 'political correctness'? Because you're the poster boy for it.

It doesn't surprise me that it was YOU who did though.

Nor does it surprise me that you sympathize with censorship of "unapproved" views expressed here -- "unapproved" meaning, of course, any view that doesn't square with your own. You're so broad-minded and tolerant.

macaroni

QUOTE(Deep Purple @ Jun 20 2009, 02:58 PM) [snapback]344964[/snapback]
]The least enforced rule on this board. You'll find hundreds of completely untouched threads here that are rife with personal attacks.

When you selectively rather than universally enforce a rule, you in fact are deleting according to you personal views. You have to. There's no other way, when you let some personal attacks go and others stand.

There is a difference between attacks that happen between two anonymous posters that have chosen to engage on a message board and attacks against an elderly woman who never chose to be discussed here but her name and picture were provided for all.

One is an unfortunate byproduct of what we do here, the other is a classless act that made us all look bad.

FROGDADDY

QUOTE(Deep Purple @ Jun 20 2009, 06:15 PM) [snapback]344982[/snapback]
Actually, I do know. Your posts here have made it evident to anybody who knows her.
No. You just feel that nobody should exercise the right to criticism. Good logic, there.
Who said I "felt the need"? Does anybody on this board have a genuine "need" to post anything here? I voiced an opinion, just like 100% of the posters here do 100% of the time. You disagreed with the opinion, so in your view, that makes it out of line and worthy of censorship.

Are you familiar with the concept of 'political correctness'? Because you're the poster boy for it.
Nor does it surprise me that you sympathize with censorship of "unapproved" views expressed here -- "unapproved" meaning, of course, any view that doesn't square with your own. You're so broad-minded and tolerant.

You are hands down the most pompous fool I've ever encountered on this board. My SOLE contributions to this thread are two posts saying that IF you posted anything critical about this lady that you were a first class jerk. If you took the time to read what I said instead of crafting some over the top response to prove how smart you are, you would also notice that I NEVER asked for anything that was posted to be removed nor did I thank anybody for removing it. It's quite simple really, you criticized her (at least I think you did, notice my use of the word IF in my original post), and then I criticized you. Of course when I did it you chose to sarcastically label me as "broad minded and tolerant" as if your criticism of her was somehow more valid than my criticism of you. If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is. You prove my original accusation to be true with every word you type.

Spike

QUOTE(Deep Purple @ Jun 20 2009, 08:46 PM) [snapback]344962[/snapback]

You obviously have an axe to grind with her. Do it somewhere less public. For someone who has been taken the high road and very respectful of the opinions of others on the general board your comments about her are shocking.

The very reason I didn't speak up sooner is because I knew you would argue on for multiple pages wether you had a point or not. I see that my suspicions were correct.

Deep Purple

QUOTE(FriskyFrog @ Jun 20 2009, 06:40 PM) [snapback]344983[/snapback]
There is a difference between attacks that happen between two anonymous posters that have chosen to engage on a message board and attacks against an elderly woman who never chose to be discussed here but her name and picture were provided for all.

One is an unfortunate byproduct of what we do here, the other is a classless act that made us all look bad.

However classless in your opinion, I didn't post her name and image here. That was done by others before I even entered the thread. So perhaps you'd do better to re-target instead of following the lynch mob.

Moreover, I didn't "attack" her. It seems that the following comments have been completely lost in all the frenzied groupthink:

QUOTE(Deep Purple @ Jun 14 2009, 04:03 AM) [snapback]342431[/snapback]
She's a huge fan and was a big Frog Club supporter, and she deserves respect for that.
[...]
BTW, when TCU plays on TV (any sport) and they do those momentary shots of the TCU faithful, I've seen Dolores in more of those shots than than any other TCU fan. I think I even remember seeing her in the broadcast of the '98 Sun Bowl.

QUOTE(Deep Purple @ Jun 14 2009, 11:10 PM) [snapback]342566[/snapback]
She's not annoying because she applauds and cheers the Frogs when everybody else is sitting on their hands. Just the opposite: That's the most admirable thing about her.

In short, I committed the unpardonable crime of posting a mixed opinion. Quick! Grab the torches and pitchforks!

The outrage seems to be over the fact that I didn't join the cult of veneration and post unmixed praise. Praise, I should add, from people who largely don't know the person they're praising.