• The KillerFrogs

TCU Attitude

Big Frog II

I remember while growing up here in Fort Worth how TCU would allow itself to be pushed around by the larger schools, and that we would accept it. This went on for years and years and years. I am so glad that we have people in place who no longer accept that kind of attitude. We don't play second fiddle to anyone anymore. It makes me feel good about the future knowing we have people in place that will make sure we are relevant.

It was so frustrating to think back about the 60's, 70's, 80's, and even the early 90's when we allowed to always be a step or two behind in facilities, coaching staffs, and attitude. Again thanks to the powers that be for changing the way TCU does business.

Now if we can just get some of our lackadaisical fans to have the same attitude.

Dogfrog

Yea, while reality changes constantly, fans image of college brands is very slow to change. When Steve Alford was fired by UCLA in December he was making $2.6M. Our coach was making $3.5M. (Or $4.1M according to Deep).

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
And with all the critiquing of our football, basketball and baseball coaches and all expert advice coming out of this board to assist them in their duties, you’d think we’d be racking up NCs left and right...

Bob

I remember while growing up here in Fort Worth how TCU would allow itself to be pushed around by the larger schools, and that we would accept it. This went on for years and years and years. I am so glad that we have people in place who no longer accept that kind of attitude. We don't play second fiddle to anyone anymore. It makes me feel good about the future knowing we have people in place that will make sure we are relevant.

It was so frustrating to think back about the 60's, 70's, 80's, and even the early 90's when we allowed to always be a step or two behind in facilities, coaching staffs, and attitude. Again thanks to the powers that be for changing the way TCU does business.

Now if we can just get some of our lackadaisical fans to have the same attitude.
I grew up on the south side in the '50s and TCU football did not get pushed around by any team. You just aren't old enough.

BedfordFrog68

Yes, Ohio State considers TCU to be a peer....

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
I grew up on the south side in the '50s and TCU football did not get pushed around by any team. You just aren't old enough.

Someone here posted a factoid from a book called "A History of the SW Conference", to wit: From 1926 for 37 years ending in 1959, no football team in this state won more games than TCU.

For the 37 years following, TCU had only seven seasons above .500. Pick your era from which to generalize, I suppose.

Under GP we've won more than 70% of the time (second most in our present conference)...gives you a more recent and third choice of eras.

Last edited:

wilson912

Yea, while reality changes constantly, fans image of college brands is very slow to change. When Steve Alford was fired by UCLA in December he was making $2.6M. Our coach was making $3.5M. (Or $4.1M according to Deep).

We gotta get butts in seats at AGC and Schollmaier!