• The KillerFrogs

TCU and Title IX discussion

East Coast

Tier 1
TCU sponsors 13 women's sports to 9 for men. Just like most schools, it doesn't matter if your heart is in the right place, once you have football, you are done. If you cut football and it's revenue, the other sports mostly go away. I guess the non thinking ones would be happier with no football and only 4 women's and men's teams, cutting the opportunities for everyone.

TCU sponsors 13 women's sports to 9 for men. Just like most schools, it doesn't matter if your heart is in the right place, once you have football, you are done. If you cut football and it's revenue, the other sports mostly go away. I guess the non thinking ones would be happier with no football and only 4 women's and men's teams, cutting the opportunities for everyone.
People on that side of the argument generally want everyone else to be as miserable as they are. If they can't have something they don't want anyone else to either.

NORMLFROG

head explode GIF

My head hurts so much.

NF

froginaustin

People on that side of the argument generally want everyone else to be as miserable as they are. If they can't have something they don't want anyone else to either.

At least some people on that side of the argument generally think ALL college sports should be intramural or maybe club sports. During my time at TCU, a long time ago when football and basketball struggled in the SWC, a few of the more outspoken** faculty members had that point of view. They thought students should be academics, and if they were sports hobbyists that was great but not worth much of the university's attention or resources.
I didn't agree, but at least I understood the argument.

** "outspoken" in 1969 or thereabouts meant their views were publicly articulated and known, but were hardly screamed in anyone's face

HG73

Title IX: Just more government regulation that forces cheating to comply. There's no way to offset an 85 man football team.