• The KillerFrogs

TCU alum and Carolina Panthers CB coach fired....

Punter1

....quick, can you name him??

It was Jeff Imamura. That's right, I knew it was on the tip of your tongue.

If you dont recognize the name dont worry...he was kinda, (right Moose) a baseball player in the early 90s...who was all of 5-4, 125 lbs. I dont know if he ever played in a game and for sure wasnt ever a football player.

I seriously doubt he ever played a down of real football but the dude worked his arse off and became a student assistant under Fran and from there became an unpaid quality control coach in the NFL to actually getting to be a position coach in the league. As about a remarkable story as I've ever heard of in terms of perserverance.

He is the case study of seeing a dream thru because, and this is a compliment to him, outta college I had a better shot of becoming Queen of England then he did of becoming an NFL position coach.

I hope he catches on somewhere or GP brings him back here because the dude obviously loves football and sold a bunch of NFL teams he was worthy of coaching their players.

Black Jew

I remember Jeff on Fran’s staff. Great guy with a lot of passion and determination to be involved with athletics. It has been a terrible year for TCU alumni with the Carolina Panthers. Curtis Fuller was fired earlier this year.

Punter1

Never heard of him in my life TBH.

About right. He would always have on TCU baseball gear, hang out at Moncrief and would tell these long stories about practice he supposedly attended but....no real players ever knew his name. It was super freaking odd.