• The KillerFrogs

TCU 360: Judge won’t throw out claim that TCU officials were indifferent to discrimination

Spike

Seemed semi-rational enough at first, but was bound to fall on it's face at some point. Here it is, for me:

"The problem is that when the work of the civil rights legislation was done—when de jure segregation was stopped. . . "

If he believes that de jure segregation has stopped, he needs to get out of his ivory tower more. Maybe go do some shopping in Stop Six, then in Rivercrest.

Where would I shop in Stop 6?

flyfishingfrog

Seemed semi-rational enough at first, but was bound to fall on it's face at some point. Here it is, for me:

"The problem is that when the work of the civil rights legislation was done—when de jure segregation was stopped. . . "

If he believes that de jure segregation has stopped, he needs to get out of his ivory tower more. Maybe go do some shopping in Stop Six, then in Rivercrest.
So you don’t know the difference between de jure and de facto segregation evidently....

maybe you should read up on it before commenting again....

flyfishingfrog

We notice this, too, and wonder why some of the "investigating" and "crusading" national journalists don't notice it, and say something about it. And where are the Latinos? They make up 50% more of the US population than blacks so, excuse me, Blacks do, (12%-18%), but when do you ever see Latinos in advertisements? Strange.
And that 1 in 50 actors, anchors, etc should be Native Americans....I don’t recall an outrage they are underrepresented....

oh yeah - BLM

flyfishingfrog

Ridiculous. Pretty close to saying, "I can't be racist I have a black friend."

And by saying, "I worked there," is like a brown or black worker catching a bus to clean house in Rivercrest, or to cook for the members at Shady Oaks and taking that to mean those places aren't segregated.
And you are basically saying “if you aren’t black, you can’t understand” - so why are you even bothering to try and explain it?

flyfishingfrog

My con law prof would beg to differ. When the US Supreme Court rules that Texas redistricting plans are per se racist with the specific intention of weakening minority votes which has the effect of perpetuating segregation, I'm pretty sure that's de jure. Maybe you don't think the Texas Leg is involved in making laws.

Sometimes the correct answer to a question is more than you can draw from a bubbled letter on a scantron sheet.
Goal posts moved after googling legal terms....check

My con law prof would beg to differ. When the US Supreme Court rules that Texas redistricting plans are per se racist with the specific intention of weakening minority votes which has the effect of perpetuating segregation, I'm pretty sure that's de jure. Maybe you don't think the Texas Leg is involved in making laws.

Sometimes the correct answer to a question is more than you can draw from a bubbled letter on a scantron sheet.
Yeah? Well my con law prof could kick your con law prof's ass!!